[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

Just now, Cali Canuck said:

That was a cheap call on Petey.  Best thing about that period is it's over.  LFG boys, time for a Petey goal or two.

Yeah, I don't get why a stick hitting downward on the bottom part of another stick is a slashing penalty.  Only if it breaks? I think Petey's stick broke from hitting the ice actually.   I always thought slashing was supposed be on the body.

The Canucks will settle it down and play better than the first period.   I hate the slow starts historically so hopefully things will change for next few games to stop this bad habit.  Hate having to play down to their opponents.  No excuse here.  Tocchet has it right, he had to stop a drill for lackluster practice so far.

6 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

You can't skate in backwards ??? Isn't that a rule? 

You have to have forward puck progress... Never heard anything about skating backwards, but maybe you and the Rupert dude can have a 3 hour back and forth about it hehe 

6 minutes ago, Jatt Sharabi said:

I feel like Canucks are never mentally prepared for early games. They lay an egg more than they win. 

Ya an until they get this under control they aren't going to be making the playoffs. Should be easy to be ready to start a game or at least a majority of games and not the other way around. How a team is this bad to start games dating back to last year is beyond me.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EB43 said:

Not watching but is this typical Canucks business? Can’t play worth shit vs terrible teams??

Oh, trust me, this looks remarkably familiar.

If they don’t come absolutely storming out for the 2nd I’ll have a question or two forming in my mind. But they might not actually get fully formed since its only Game 3 of the season.

3 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Noah Juulsen man 🤦‍♂️

He has really lost a step this year. 

Whatever he did during the summer ain't it. I actually thought that he was good enough over the last two years when he played 20 or so games, but he looks worst now. 

Maybe we play Soucy on his off-side when Brisebois gets healthy. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yeah, I don't get why a stick hitting downward on the bottom part of another stick is a slashing penalty.  Only if it breaks? I think Petey's stick broke from hitting the ice actually.   I always thought slashing was supposed be on the body.

Wasn't the penalty on Juulsen for contacting the hands with his stick?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AatuD2 said:

You have to have forward puck progress... Never heard anything about skating backwards, but maybe you and the Rupert dude can have a 3 hour back and forth about it hehe 

Yeah remember wasn't it Mason Raymond (Ballard and a 1st) that kind started the spring O rama? During the shoot out? I swear I remember seeing him do it and a lot of talk afterwards if it counted..  a while ago now, hell back then I had an onion on my belt because it was the style back then. 

• Haha 1

Flyers forecheck has been solid, but you can see our skill difference when we get set up.

IMHO we were falling into some old habits of getting too fancy, and I’ll bet they’re hearing it from Tocchet right now.

He wants them scoring screened shots and tips, not highlight reel passing plays.

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Ya but every game without an NHL defenceman on that 3rd pairing is costing us.

Probs, but they may need to start exploring options that don't involve Garland, they've been trying to move him for ages supposedly 

They brought in a depth D earlier, probs can't afford to wait on Bear, who I'm meh on anyway 

Management seems willing to tinker frequently, we'll see what they do 

3 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I found out about it. You're not allowed to turn 360 degrees. I had it in my head that it was 180.