[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

4 minutes ago, Wing said:

I didn't think we play poorly. Give Flyers credit as they didn't give us much and covered the net front well so it made Hart look like a wall. We just need to be a step ahead. 

Yeah Philly is playing really well in their home opener. 

We could be playing better, but it's not like Philly is bad by any means, they're coming in waves. 

1 minute ago, AatuD2 said:

He has really lost a step this year. 

Whatever he did during the summer ain't it. I actually thought that he was good enough over the last two years when he played 20 or so games, but he looks worst now. 

Maybe we play Soucy on his off-side when Brisebois gets healthy. 

Brise was placed on LTIR today.  Would have to be Hirose.

• Cheers 1

I always notice on days where the team seems a split second off.  You aren’t seeing those crisp passes and instead they bounce off the stick or are just a few inches too far.  They look like they are chasing the play.  Hopefully they can settle things down in the second.

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Petey already mad. They shouldn’t have made him mad

Thats enough to get Miller mad which is also good. 

Boeser can just keep calm and get open, Miller is gonna stir stuff up. Maybe take a penalty or two but will be worth it.

I just thought we had Soucy for a reason, big guy? no hits yet? Juulson at least can hit.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, dannydog said:

They looked flat as soon as they hit the ice right before puck drop. I think 3 players actually came out hard

I knew we were in trouble right from the opening face off ... dumped into our corner and Myers ambled back and was beaten to the puck by the Philly forechecker.  No urgency.  We never recovered

3 minutes ago, Rubik said:

poor players, how many motivational speeches do they have to sit through year in and year out, lol

I just hate that this is a reoccuring theme with this core. Behind early. Shouldn't you grow from that and change that story line as you get older. Doesn't feel like they have. It would feel different if they had come out strong this last period but they came out poorly and they came out poorly last game. Last year they usually started poorly. That is a common theme with this core that has to stop.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Thats enough to get Miller mad which is also good. 

Boeser can just keep calm and get open, Miller is gonna stir stuff up. Maybe take a penalty or two but will be worth it.

I just thought we had Soucy for a reason, big guy? no hits yet? Juulson at least can hit.

Juulson loses his position to hit

• Huggy Bear 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Got a new gf 6 months ago, she just mentioned the other day that she's never been to a game live. 

I'm gonna take her to one but looking at the November schedule, it looks like crap. 

Dallas maybe on a Saturday? 

What's the best way to buy second hand tickets now, StubHub? Craigslist? 

• Haha 1