[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

This is the real test for Vancouver. If we lost those first two against Edmonton (supposedly a cup contender), I doubt there would be any panic unless we got blown out or choked leads. Philadelphia, however, is not a cup contending team and is projected to finish near the bottom of the league. Playoff teams don't lose points in these games, you cant take L's against teams at the bottom because the best teams aren't going to let you make up those lost points while playing against them.

Philadelphia will certainly be itching to go for their home opener, but we gotta be ready. The east coast swing is always tough, and a win in Philly will set us up well for success on this trip. Three wins, no losses. That would be a heck of a way to start the season. 

I have confidence as well, everyone, and I mean everyone has played well thru two games against Edmonton. Each line has been doing their jobs and chipping in. The goaltending has been good, and the effort is there. Even the 2nd game, we may have been badly out shot, but we also had seven penalties. When you play nearly a quarter of the game on the pk, you are going to give up a lot of shots and not get many yourself. Despite the rough penalty trouble, we weathered the storm and capitalized on our chances. That's what winning teams do, they find ways to win, even when things aren't going their way. 

Here's hoping we keep the momentum going in our effort to flip the script from last season. Go Canucks Go!!!

Edited by vcBrett
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Rick had fast hands in his day, not exactly KOing anyone but pretty fearless and determined. 
Much respect to him for walking the walk. That’s a team guy and we’re lucky to have him behind our bench. 

2:22 min. almost looks like a couple of head butts although it could be the camera angle. 

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Can't remember if he had hair when this occurred.  Taking on dudes like Wendel may just be the reason he cut her down!

Nothing to grasp on...😁

32 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Man I remember those days well, guys were infinitely tougher in those days than they are today...it wasn't just the "goons" who could answer the bell, top 6 stars did too lol

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Isn't the game a 3:00 start tomorrow? What the hell is with the random ass start time? It's my day off, but still.

3 minutes ago, Joe King said:

That's 7pm EST our time in the east.

it's actually 6pm eastern, but the Phillies are playing a playoff game at 8 eastern, so they don't want to compete.