[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

ha. i was literally composing a post about how it isn't talent or systems play or effort the team lacks, it's an emotional catalyst. it's a fuggin' rat that's going to drag them into the fight whether they want him to or not.

and then connor garland (temporarily) scored, reminding me that, not only is he an NHL hockey player, but he's even on the team that I follow. somehow in a game where the team has been as terrible as they have been, he's been utterly invisible right up until that moment. I don't even know how that's possible or what it means. 

if he could embrace the alex burrows pest role, he could have a very important place on the team. forget the prime alex burrows offense even, think 2007 alex burrows.

it's too late for that almost certainly, but that is the ingredient the team needs. they play afraid, like they know if it comes down to it, they can't stand up to the other team. they don't feel comfortable standing up for themselves. they need somebody to force them to do it anyway.

they need to learn to have each other's backs, and even more importantly, how to be the aggressor physically. 

• Upvote 1