[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Wow. Excuses are out early. I guess that earned it. What??? This felt like last year all over.

Not an excuse just facts. Hard to play at a high level when you’re sick.

Did you not see the players faces? 😂 I know a sick person when I see one. Those guys are battling something.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bounce000 said:

Lopsided penalty calls

+

A penalty shot award for a slash that Couturier probably didn’t even notice

+

A non call on a clear as day hand covering the puck

+

The “foot in crease” rule is apparently back

=

Well what can you do

Turn it off after the 6th Philly power play and not watch the next two games in protest, thats what i'm going to do.

I'm not wasting my time again this year. I'm not mad at the Canucks at all but i've seen enough clown show from this league now to know how the next two game will go.

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Wow. Excuses are out early. I guess they earned it. What??? This felt like last year all over.

No, Flyers did play a good game and outplayed us for large portions of it. 
I think it may have been closer if the Canucks had any jump. Sick? Or just not motivated? Don’t know…

1 minute ago, Captkirk888 said:

Was about to say the same. They just looked tired for most of the game.

Yea when it’s a few players who look bad it’s one thing but the entire team clearly had low energy.

Only guy with life was Demko who has probably already passed his flu.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Team has the flu it’s pretty obvious. They had nothing in the tank all game.

No need to overanalyze. Move on and come back stronger (and healthy).

🤣 C'mon DeNiro

It's pretty obvious we just suck and aren't very good (again).

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly this. They were so off. Flu would make complete sense. 

So Demko can play 50 mins almost and allow 1 goal (puke in his mask and get forced into stopping) and these guys can't show up and play though it? Do I understand this right? It's a matter of will and I don't think Bo was the only problem like some think here. Too many player that just don't show up game in game out. Outside Hughes, Lafferty, maybe Boeser. There was simply not enough players playing hockey to win the game. This is the problem not the flu. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

Yea when it’s a few players who look bad it’s one thing but the entire team clearly had low energy.

Only guy with life was Demko who has probably already passed his flu.

Demko kept it closer than it was for sure. On to the next one…

-Lafferty looked good again

-Brock a decent game on the boards and getting in the dirty areas more than last year

-Demko standing on his head

-Petey needs more size on the wings.  

-Need to upgrade on 2 of the 6 d men - especially Myers.

-Wish we had one goon that could play at the NHL level.  Ross Johnston was on waivers, a guy like that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Outsiders said:

🤣 C'mon DeNiro

It's pretty obvious we just suck and aren't very good (again).

That’s the narrative some people wanna push, I ain’t buying it.

This team has sucked the past few seasons, but guys like Petey, Miller, Hughes have at least had jump to their game most nights. Tonight you could tell they all had empty tanks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Thought that Myers had turned a corner. Was I ever wrong.  Same cough ups, same give aways as last year.  I hope when Friedman dresses up he eats haof of his Myers ice time.  Myers shouldn't be playing more than 9 mins a game. (sheltered)

Me too. He's beyond useless. We should waive him to the ECHL. He'd be a liability on Abby too, and bring that team down. 

The stupidest part of all this is, he's actually playing for his next contract. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

That’s the narrative some people wanna push, I ain’t buying it.

This team has sucked the past few seasons, but guys like Petey, Miller, Hughes have at least had jump to their game most nights. Tonight you could tell they all had empty tanks.

Our supporting cast still sucks. Garland, Beau and Myers need to go immediately and Juulsen waived

45 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I don't know why some of you are blaming the refs. We got shit kicked today. Philly played with more edge and desperation. Every play, they hit us even when the play was dead etc. 

We looked weak. 

Man Juulsen and Myers are so bad but so were many of the others

It doesn't have to be one or the other....both are true. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1