[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So Demko can play 50 mins almost and allow 1 goal (puke in his mask and get forced into stopping) and these guys can't show up and play though it? Do I understand this right? It's a matter of will and I don't think Bo was the only problem like some think here. Too many player that just don't show up game in game out. Outside Hughes, Lafferty, maybe Boeser. There was simply not enough players playing hockey to win the game. This is the problem not the flu. 

Completely different position and Demko didn’t exactly have to do much game 1. He didn’t even finish the game. 😂

A lot harder to try and beat guys on the forecheck and win battles along the boards when you’re sick.

It wasn’t just the energy level guys were just making poor decisions with the puck all night. Even guys like Hughes who makes the right play 9 times out of 10.

If they come out flat again against Tampa then we can worry. Tonight was a one off though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s the narrative some people wanna push, I ain’t buying it.

This team has sucked the past few seasons, but guys like Petey, Miller, Hughes have at least had jump to their game most nights. Tonight you could tell they all had empty tanks.

And I honestly do question pushing them SO hard in practice on the road at this early stage. 

I like Tocchet but his tough love may have depleted the reserves...especially considering the fact that the flu's been going through the team. Maybe it wasn't the greatest game plan.

Not an excuse, but definitely something I question.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

If all the team had the flu, ask yourself this.. did anyone miss the practice for illness reasons but yet play tonight. Stop making excuses. 

The team didn't "have the flu"...but some have just recovered from it. And we really don't know if others have it.

Stop being so negative.