[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers, Oct 17th, 3PM PT (6PM EDT / EST), the Hat Trick Game

Rocket-68

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   Sure EP remembers, and you can bet stuff like that motivates you in the gym.   EPs stronger, wouldn't surprise me if he's got his number burned into his mind, and will have his head on a swivel (possible match up?).   Thing I love about about our current lineup, is at any given night either Millers or EPs line can shine.    PHI isn't an easy out.    Expect this to be an exciting chippy game.  And just for good luck GCG! 

If my read on Petey is at all accurate, I can all but guarantee he remembers. I bet he's already planned out waiting for his opportunity to exact some revenge.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Wearing my skate jersey to work today... 

Gonna have to get creative around 3pm to listen to the game 

I'm wearing my Jordan 1s that are orange, white, black, and yellow, black sweatpants, Trevor Linden orange/yellowish Canucks skate tshirt, Canucks Orca ugly Christmas sweater, the First Nations jersey created by Gino Odjick's cousin with Kuzmenko on the back, Canucks skate jacket, and red Canucks skate hat all at work. 

Luckily, I'll be able to watch the game at home

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

If Canucks can play their game and hit hard and fast then we should be good! Hope Konecny gets what's coming to him! I just hope the Canucks don't take the Flyers less seriously like in the past. 

They wont. Look who our coach is. 0 possibility of Rick not expecting the best fro the boys on games like this one;

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I'm wearing my Jordan 1s that are orange, white, black, and yellow, black sweatpants, Trevor Linden orange/yellowish Canucks skate tshirt, Canucks Orca ugly Christmas sweater, the First Nations jersey created by Gino Odjick's cousin with Kuzmenko on the back, Canucks skate jacket, and red Canucks skate hat all at work. 

Luckily, I'll be able to watch the game at home

Must post pictures... or it never happened. LOL

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AatuD2 said:

Wearing my skate jersey to work today... 

Gonna have to get creative around 3pm to listen to the game 

Do you have a fart bag. Like fake indigestional breakdown and pain. Leave for the clinic or whatever. Some acting required 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Good job spook007,  as soon as we got him, watched some of his old highlights, he was a great hockey player and arguably one of if not the best all-time as far as fighting and putting up points go.    His quality of competition, was unreal (the men he dropped his gloves with, a lot of them would have Reaves and Wilson shaking in their boots!).    Was excellent later in his career too, in PHX, one playoff he just kept scoring against NJ and Broduer at the peak of their powers.    

Foote was every bit as important to the AVs, as Lowe and Huddy were to the Oilers.    Gonchar was arguably the best offensive defenseman of his era.    We could do a lot worse as far as NHL experience goes.    Tochett and Berube are both current coaches that won't put up with lazy, and i'm sure in this age of youtube etc, that every player on the team has seen some of these.   His highlights are impressive, guy hit hard, played harder and had skills.     There isn't a player in the league today like him.   Shanny and Roberts were the last of them. 

Edit:  Wendel Clark, Probert (including two head butts), May x 2, Neely, Pushor and a bunch of other very tough players,  held his own or made mincemeat of.   At just over six feet and 200lbs, fighting some guys much larger, more then held his own.   Can see why he came in and felt our team wasn't in good physical shape. 

Gary Roberts played a similar game, made mincemeat of Ben Eager, that 230lb goon that beat up KB23 once and later went ballistic during our 2011 run.    At 41.   They simply don't make them like that anymore. 

I love seeing this too...

I feel a few of the boys will accept or at least understand, which school of hard knocks the coaching team comes from...

I don't know, but have a slight feeling that the locker room slowly was turning into a country club. You don't have to be a goon to play hard, but show you have a freaking pulse at least.

Miller was always going to buy into this, and a few of the others as well. If they don't, I thing they will be history...

I applaud the way they've been playing so far, but also accept, that we are only 2 games into the season.

But seeing the old footage of Tocchet definitely is an eye opener...

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1