[Speculation] NHL Rumors: Latest On Phil Kessel Free Agency Talk

RWJC

I think Kessel is going to be a good add for someone.

But to those who want him here, how many more f***ing offensive minded wingers do the Canucks need?

Maybe if they get rid of one of their overpaid underperforming middle 6 guys you sign him to a 1 year cheap deal. 

The Canucks are soft as butter. Same as they have been for a decade or more. Anyone they add needs to be able to play a tougher game. There are already enough guys who drive by and mail it in when the going gets tough. 

• Cheers 2

46 minutes ago, WSAcanuck said:

I think Kessel is going to be a good add for someone.

But to those who want him here, how many more f***ing offensive minded wingers do the Canucks need?

Maybe if they get rid of one of their overpaid underperforming middle 6 guys you sign him to a 1 year cheap deal. 

The Canucks are soft as butter. Same as they have been for a decade or more. Anyone they add needs to be able to play a tougher game. There are already enough guys who drive by and mail it in when the going gets tough. 

If we can move out Garland and Beauvillier, I wouldn't be against having him as a placeholder on that 3rd line for the season or up until the trade deadline. 

Put him on that first unit powerplay and try to trade him at the deadline? 

5 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Not really a fan of Kessel to Vancouver. 
He is not, what we need atm. 
we need 1 or two winger that can compete and another rhd. 
We have decent firepower, but struggle to compete physically... 

No smurfs or soft players please... 

I would be on board just because of his locker room presence.

From the sounds of past players talking about the locker room, it’s a quiet room with too many serious guys.

Anyone who’s played sports knows every team needs those locker room guys that make people laugh and lighten up the room.  Sports are meant to be fun and I think some players lose touch with that.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

From the sounds of past players talking about the locker room, it’s a quiet room with too many serious guys.

Anyone who’s played sports knows every team needs those locker room guys that make people laugh and lighten up the room.  Sports are meant to be fun and I think some players lose touch with that.

I'm totally onboard with the locker room having to be a fun place to be, although it often comes with winning.

I would think the BANANA boy would be a good guy in the room, but outside him, I'm not sure....

My concern would be based on the team needing more strength and as far as I remember, that's not what hotdog was known for. 

If we were short of a shooter on the top two lines, or had a strong 3rd line, then I'd probably be all for it as well, but I feel we have bigger needs just now.

I do, however agree with your point, that a happy room, make players wanna come to play, and probably also easier to retain.

18 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hoglander - Blueger - Kessel would be a good line in my opinion.

Also we need someone who can score on that second unit powerplay. 

Only if Garland gets traded though. 

• Cheers 2

This is what we need 

jj moser 

lawson crouse 

to PHX

podkolzin

hoglander 

silovs 

2025 1st top 3 protected 

garland 

to VAN

lawson crouse 

jj moser 

crouse Petey Kuzy 

pdg Miller Boeser

milky Suter beau 

joshua Bluegger Aman 

hughes Hronek 

cole moser 

Soucy Friedman 

On 10/22/2023 at 5:29 PM, CaptainQuin said:

this is the 5th thread I’ve seen you post this proposal in ..

with no responses 

Back to the drawing board bud

I saw that awful proposal somewhere else and couldn't stop laughing. I forgot who that poster was momentarily but even going back to cdc I believe he/she always posts just absolutely ridiculous trades that are laughingly huge in our favor.

On 10/21/2023 at 1:21 PM, RakuRaku said:

We need any offense we can get if it's just a cheap contract!!

Offence has never been our issue. We were a top 10-15 team offensively last year. And are currently top 10 in GF right now. Small sample size. But we've always been a pretty good if not great offensive team. We need to get stronger and tougher to play against. Phil does not provide that. He'd be fun to have. But if we're adding him we need to move both Beau and Garland for that to make any sense.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 8:03 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

Sign him for league minimum and offer him shares in Japadog.

On 10/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

And Vancouver does have Japadog

Get with the times guys - Japadog is so 2010s... :classic_ninja:

...it's all about the Korean hotdog stands now.  :hurhur:

(Disclaimer: I'm a huge fan of Japadog and I don't touch the Korean stuff...)

• Haha 3