CFL / BC Lions activity

Barnstorm

18 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Geez that was a tough game for Rourke. He was pretty erratic and his receivers dropped a few on him. He needs some time to settle in.

On to the next.

Honestly, my favorite moment of game was the ref making the call, "The kick hit the scoreboard, which is pretty odd..."

• Cheers 1

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/argos-qb-kelly-apologizes-for-conduct-that-violated-cfl-gender-based-violence-policy/ar-AA1p87kw?ocid=BingNewsSerp

"

TORONTO — Toronto Argonauts quarterback Chad Kelly publicly apologized Tuesday for conduct which led to him being suspended for violating the CFL's gender-based violence policy.

Kelly's apology came two days after he was reinstated, with conditions, by the CFL. The league suspended Kelly on May 7 for Toronto's two exhibition games and at least its first nine regular-season contests for his violation.

---------------------------

lots more at the link

-------------------------------------

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/cfl-reinstates-toronto-argonauts-qb-chad-kelly-1.2163309

""The Argos and MLSE take this issue extremely seriously, in keeping with our unwavering commitment to maintaining a work environment where individuals are treated with respect and dignity and that is free from discrimination and harassment," said Keith Pelley, CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment. "The organization will implement a comprehensive education program, focused on this issue, to ensure all team members and staff are properly equipped with the awareness and skills to protect against this issue occurring in the future."

-------------------------------

^A bullshit statement by the CEO.

They did fuck all about this until they absolutely had to- after the lady in question sued.

Sad that the media is letting this gross misrepresentation, of MLSE stand unquestioned.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’ve seen better defensive coverage in a high school football game.

How are their receivers so wide open? 🤣

Because their offensive line is actually good enough to play professionally, unlike ours.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Because their offensive line is actually good enough to play professionally, unlike ours.

It’s games like this that make it really difficult for me to watch the CFL.

Hard to even think this is a professional league with some of the plays I’m seeing.

8 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Our next home game is not even at home as it’s in Victoria against the Redblacks, gotta win that one

I’ll take them showing they know how to play football again, that ain’t it.

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I’ve seen better defensive coverage in a high school football game.

How are their receivers so wide open? 🤣

Ryan Phillips insists on believing in coverage can save the day over pressuring the qb. I would like to see him gone. He finally blitzes on the last play of the game when even the announcers saw it coming. My beef with the game was the usual chickenshit call the CFL can't quite extinguish, although they are improving big time, it was the cheap interference call on Rugumba on the goal line which had nullified the great bull rush sack that would have kept the game close.

• Cheers 2

13 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It’s games like this that make it really difficult for me to watch the CFL.

Hard to even think this is a professional league with some of the plays I’m seeing.

I disagree (not on the play calls), but on the excitement.

I love the CFL...so many games go down to the wire and even with 2:00 on the clock, things aren't decided a good deal of the time. Winnipeg started in the toilet and are now storming back. You just never know in the CFL.

The Lions are deflating right now (my Dad shares the exact same sentiments as you). I learned in 2011 not to rule teams out and I think they will figure things out. Their tackling has to improve...that's one glaring issue I see. Missed tackles where they should stop a team but allow them the extra yards after a missed tackle and that gets them the first down.

• Cheers 2