CFL / BC Lions activity

Barnstorm

What a clown....Hamilton receiver Smith gets a meaningless TD and decides to showboat and taunt the BC defender.....

You're getting ass-fucked in this game, dipshit....:picard:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

What a clown....Hamilton receiver Smith gets a meaningless TD and decides to showboat and taunt the BC defender.....

You're getting ass-fucked in this game, dipshit....:picard:

Yeah, I don't get that either.

Like the defense isn't doing anything because the game is over and they're not going to get hurt.

And they're game managing this drive to with no minutes left to force a touchdown? That stat padding was silly, take the knee.

Add that excessive celebration, makes you look even more childish. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Like the defense isn't doing anything because the game is over and they're not going to get hurt.

And they're game managing this drive to with no minutes left to force a touchdown? That stat padding was silly, take the knee.

Add that excessive celebration, makes you look even more childish. 

I've got no problem with them trying to score at the end of the game. Try and end on a positive and give your home town fans something to cheer about. Besides which, that late TD could mean bonus money to Smith or BLM when the season ends....

But it's called Garbage Time for a reason.....pulling out the "gun" and pointing it at the defender makes you look like an idiot. I'd bet the farm he's hearing about it from the coaching staff right now.

Mostly lurking. I've been doing most of my Canucks talks in random group chats of late, but still seeing what's going on here.

Was pretty disheartened by the Canucks offseason, so I'd rather just chill and come back in September and October when there'll be something to talk about again, lol.

I'll probably keep talking Lions in the meantime.

• Cheers 2

The Hamilton game on Sunday was a fun game to watch.

V.A. and McInnis were playing "pitch and catch" in the first half and both received league honour roll selections for week 5. This follows the week 4 selections of V.A. and Cottoy. 

Some observations:

-good to see that we have a real runningback in William Stanback, unlike last year's runningback. Should bode well for those autumn playoff games.

-good, strong receiving corps. Should get bigger and stronger with the return of Keon Hatcher coming off the injury list.

-V.A. was reacting well to the pressure in the 1st half. Took off running a couple of times. Quick throws a few other times. Some screens and flat passes for good yardage. Basically, was proactive with the pressure in the 1st half. Seemed to lose a little focus in the 2nd half and he got sacked on back-to-back plays.

-O-line is playing well.

-really like Mackie, the fullback, taking the snap on the short yardage plays. He looks almost unstoppable.

-D-line is better against the run than last year's line. Again, this should help us with those autumn playoff games. Came out of the Hamilton game with some more injuries to deal with. Impressed with Archibald (94). Quite mobile for a big man.

-Gary Peters had a good game in the defensive backfield. Should not have been flagged for PI on the interception by Lokombo. The rest of the defensive backs have to start stepping up a bit more. Good news is that T.J. Lee is set to return soon.

-our Place Kicker, Sean Whyte, is money. Week 4 against Edmonton, when he trotted out to kick the winning points with seconds left on the clock, I wasn't even worried. 

The week 6 game is at home against the Roughriders on Saturday, July 13th at 4:00 PM.

The upper bowl will apparently be open.

The roughriders are undefeated this season and always have a large contingent of the green clad fans show up at BC Place.

The game will be preceeded by the second annual Watermelon Smash. The tailgate party starting at about 11:00 AM. Apparently beers will be sold at $5.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Artemus said:

The Hamilton game on Sunday was a fun game to watch.

V.A. and McInnis were playing "pitch and catch" in the first half and both received league honour roll selections for week 5. This follows the week 4 selections of V.A. and Cottoy. 

Some observations:

-good to see that we have a real runningback in William Stanback, unlike last year's runningback. Should bode well for those autumn playoff games.

-good, strong receiving corps. Should get bigger and stronger with the return of Keon Hatcher coming off the injury list.

-V.A. was reacting well to the pressure in the 1st half. Took off running a couple of times. Quick throws a few other times. Some screens and flat passes for good yardage. Basically, was proactive with the pressure in the 1st half. Seemed to lose a little focus in the 2nd half and he got sacked on back-to-back plays.

-O-line is playing well.

-really like Mackie, the fullback, taking the snap on the short yardage plays. He looks almost unstoppable.

-D-line is better against the run than last year's line. Again, this should help us with those autumn playoff games. Came out of the Hamilton game with some more injuries to deal with. Impressed with Archibald (94). Quite mobile for a big man.

-Gary Peters had a good game in the defensive backfield. Should not have been flagged for PI on the interception by Lokombo. The rest of the defensive backs have to start stepping up a bit more. Good news is that T.J. Lee is set to return soon.

-our Place Kicker, Sean Whyte, is money. Week 4 against Edmonton, when he trotted out to kick the winning points with seconds left on the clock, I wasn't even worried. 

The week 6 game is at home against the Roughriders on Saturday, July 13th at 4:00 PM.

The upper bowl will apparently be open.

The roughriders are undefeated this season and always have a large contingent of the green clad fans show up at BC Place.

The game will be preceeded by the second annual Watermelon Smash. The tailgate party starting at about 11:00 AM. Apparently beers will be sold at $5.

the only problem with opening up the upper bowl is that it'll be packed with Rider fans.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

the only problem with opening up the upper bowl is that it'll be packed with Rider fans.

Yeah.!  There will be lots of the green rider fans there at the game.

But just imagine how sad and truly green (sick) all those Rider fans are going to feel after their team loses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Calgary loses 37-41 to Winnipeg.

Dave Dickenson decides to kick away with less 2 minutes on the clock?!

it was 1:35 on the clock, 3 and 17 at the Calgary 39.

How did he figure to get the ball back?

Edited by Gurn
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Todays game has 4-0 Saskatchewan at 4-1 Lions, game time 4pm pacific

Whoever wins will have 10 points, and a 2 point lead for first place in the division, and a tie for first in the league.

Note Hamilton 0-5 and Edmonton 0-4 are still winless. Elks play 2-2 Ottawa tomorrow at 4pacifc, in Edmonton.

• Cheers 2

Whole team looked good against Hamilton.

VA is really dialed in and has a great O-line now and an unmatched receiving corps.

Stanback is the real deal and as @Artemus said, the fullback Mackie is solid too.

D and coaching is starting to look more confident; I guess that comes with success.

Looking forward to a great game against my second favorite team (since Lancaster and Reed era) and their fans are great.

STAND BACK SASKABUSH FOR HERE COMES WILLIAM STANBACK!

ROAR LIONS ROAR!   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Good game so far....too bad Hollins had a miss. Was a great throw. VA threading the needle again in his passes to McInnes (who's incredible). Wow.

Love that Rourke's at the game cheering on his old team.

And can't forget Sean Whyte...Mr. Reliable with 35 in a row now.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know what the attendance was for tonight’s game? The thought of all those Saskatchewan fans going home unhappy with a soggy watermelon on their heads makes me happy.

Sean Whyte with 7 fgs for the second time!

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Edmonton loses with zero time left.

They had tied the game with 8 seconds left in the 4rth. However on the kick off the ball went out of bounds, and was spotted on the 50. 1 passing play for about 20 yards and Ottawa then kicks a field goal.

Elks are 0-5

Snake bit, the drive they scored on was 3 down football, and they failed 2 goal line attempts before getting it in.

I hope their players are doing ok- in their heads.

They are close, having lost 4 games by 3 points each and opening with an 8 point loss.

• Cheers 2