CFL / BC Lions activity

Barnstorm

Stanback  had 20 carries for 128 yards---finally get the rock. 9 more times than the average he had up to Aug 26th.

I'm going with it being a 50/50 thing as to Rourke throwing the ball just a bit too high, and the receivers not quite catching the ball. I don't recall seeing that many tips, out of receivers hands into defensive players, before.

Stanbeck had a beast of a game...something to prove stuff. 

They never were behind in the game and kept pushing. A few picks but they were mostly deflections and the Al's were in the right place at the right time.

I don't believe the fumble that was overruled (originally called no fumble) was actually a fumble. He was down/ground caused it. I think the officials were influenced by the Als coaching staff yapping at them to some degree.

Rourke's in great form, his TD where they were going for short yardage and he busted loose was a good indicator of that. Quick decision making. Follow up to Mackie's awesome TD.

We're back, heading in the right direction!

schadenfreude:

The feeling I get when watching Chad Kelly lose.

Ottawa 41-Toronto 27

----------------------------------

TSn doesn't seem to be covering the Sask-Winnipeg game, but it is 13-10 bombers close to end of 2nd quarter

On 9/7/2024 at 9:06 AM, -dlc- said:

Here are game highlights for those who missed it...

Thanks Deb for posting the highlight package.

David Mackie just had a monster of a game.It is very apropos that the cover featured him.

Not just the short yardage TD but he also caught and ran the ball, but by far his biggest contribution was the lead blocking on Stanback's running plays.

His blocking was making me smile every time he put a helmet on an opposing linebacker. Not many of the Montreal linebackers were smiling though.

He was just dominant.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

With this idiot defense coach we are lucky to have even 4 guys rushing the qb. Our offense coach is not any better, has he ever heard of a screen pass? Very unimaginative. The head coach is responsible and now we hear he's laying down the law on keeping both quarterbacks. Quite a luxury and truly bs truth be told. 

I like giving VA a chance, Rourke needs to step it up. 

Edited by Flanny

Just now, Flanny said:

It really is the offense that dropped the ball tonight. Defense has been on the field all night.

We are a .500 club and the Grey Cup is here. Interest was picking up again earlier in the year but the big losing streak kills that momentum. Then we win a couple and start building again, and then there’s tonight’s embarrassment. Hard to keep fan interest is a piss poor product. 
IMHAO football is soon to be dead in Vancouver. Sad but true. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are a .500 club and the Grey Cup is here. Interest was picking up again earlier in the year but the big losing streak kills that momentum. Then we win a couple and start building again, and then there’s tonight’s embarrassment. Hard to keep fan interest is a piss poor product. 
IMHAO football is soon to be dead in Vancouver. Sad but true. 

Hope you are wrong. I think as long as there is a cfl there will be a team in BC. 

I truly don't get why they don't blitz more. The results are so obviously superior.

• Vintage 1

19 hours ago, Flanny said:

Yeah, it was over when we started rushing 3 guys with 51 seconds left  in the first half thinking that was gonna get it done lol. Even got a holding call in there and couldn't stop them.

3 man rush is only good for the odd surprise a few times a season. I am fine with only 3 down linemen but you best be bringing a linebacker or back as well. Preferably 2. 

1 hour ago, Spur1 said:

3 man rush is only good for the odd surprise a few times a season. I am fine with only 3 down linemen but you best be bringing a linebacker or back as well. Preferably 2. 

Seems to me anytime we have the other team on the ropes Ryan Phillips thinks his precious secondary can do the job and only rushes 3 men. Suicide.

• Upvote 1