[Trade] Canucks have acquired defenceman Mark Friedman and forward Ty Glover from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Jack Rathbone and Karel Plas

23 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Seems like a good move, happy for Rathbone to get a fresh start & for us Friedman just needs to be an upgrade on Juulsen for it to be a good trade.

I like it, not a bad way to get some utility out of Rathbone's waning value.

Doubtful 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Rutherford/Alvins rebuilding program.

To be drafted they have to be Swedish. 

To be aquired in free agency or accuired Via trade they must be former Penguins.

As long as it works, makes us harder to play against, competitive and gets us to the playoffs. I'm in.   

or American. or Russian

Anything but Canadian.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Eh don't love the trade, Friedman is old and probably not going to play much whereas Jack still has a possible Forsling-factor down the line, so we traded a potential NHLer for a more known guy who can play like 20 games during his Canucks career.

Pointless trade IMO, dare I say a lose-lose, didn't need to make this trade. 

Perhaps, but Friedman now can be called up and play NHL minutes if needed. Rathbone hasn't figured out the defense side of the game quite yet. Though in Rathbone the Penguins do get an offensive talent who has potential still.