[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

Myers plays better with more minutes, was better with Cole in second pairing.

He can handle 20 minutes, and the 3 on 5 PK you saw in the second game.

Whats more important is he has some canucks spirit like Hughes, JT, Boeser, Demko. 

We all see him makes mistakes but where is his defensive pair on those mistakes. I just think we need to see beyond the TV highlights.

Wow... Someone who actually understands hockey on the forums for once. 

Myers made mistakes for sure... BUT he also broke up SEVERAL plays and stole the puck back behind our net and got the puck out. No one talks about the plays he does that helps. They only pick the few mistakes he makes. 

Totally agree, more time on ice = more flow = better consistency.

For me the one that really stood out, aside from Demko was Boeser. His compete level along the boards or anywhere within a sticks length has sky rocketed. He has truly worked on being more of a 2way guy and doing anything at all costs to help the team. He took too much criticism the last few years. People ragged on him for being a 1 way guy, then shit on him the year his dad was sick. Then they expected him to turn it around completely after his dad passed away, meanwhile those fans with the unrealistic expectations of him having a stronger season after his dad passed away, COMPLETELY ignored the fact it was going to be the biggest distracting year of his career. His first Thanksgiving without his dad, first Christmas, New years, his bday, his dads bday.... All those firsts.... I am so glad to see Boeser get off to a good start and begin to elevate his game in both ends of the ice. Too many fans wanted to cast him away for a 2nd and laughed at the idea of him netting a 1st. I understand the season is still young, but since Tocchet took over, Boeser has bought in and I've noticed his work along the walls and anywhere within reach of the puck has gone way up and he does everything to win the puck or tie them up and wait for help. 

Demko is back baby!!

Lmao you can go back to last year and see how many goals OEL and Myers were blamed for and look at the positioning of their partner or the lack of an easy save. There were games last season where Myers and OEL had their guys tied up and cleared out of the front of the net and the shot came in from the other side, free of a screen and it went in. Still those 2 were blamed. Yet you look at LDGA they had the highest LDGA on the team and our goalies had the worst GSAA. 

51 minutes ago, Tusk said:

If you just SCAN THROUGH THE GAME, Petterson sucked just as much as Myers. Just being honest.

Cant talk shit about star players. Petterssons crappy start to the season cost  us playoffs 2 seasons ago, no one mentions a thing.

Meanwhile OEL and Myers were a top 5 shutdown pair in the league that season. That goes unmentioned as well as Petterssons horrendous first half.

49 minutes ago, Tusk said:

You all realize Myers touched the puck more than Petterson tonight? Look at the game from Demko's perspective 

Funny how people can make that excuse when star players have 12946 giveaways in a season. "He holds the puck so much more so he is more likely to make a mistake"

Yea? so? What about a guy in the dzone with far more pressure??? Who's likely to make a mistake, the guy who plays with the puck a bunch, or the guy under relentless forecheck/pressure?

47 minutes ago, Tusk said:

And the first goal was Soucy and Juulsen on the ice and the second was a Penalty shot......

Canucks fans suck more than Myers

Myers was in the lineup. 

Edited by Canucklehead91
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sam Lafferty was the best player tonight. Maybe we should trade more of our 5th round picks. 

While not being paid to be a difference maker. The players being paid to be the difference makers ,need to have Gretzky's  attitude and always want to win and be the guy to lead the team with determination

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

When Myers is on a bad pairing, we all see him cause he is the only defensman anywhere near the puck or the offensive guy with the puck. THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE

What I THINK ABOUT is

When I play a Comp. tennis double match, We always aim for the weaker player and one out of position

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Love Tocs post game comments. Soft and no compete. Calls it exactly what it was. No babying these players

Do you remember when he punched his teammate petr nedved out after warning him to stop antagonizing one of their teammates over how much that person’s contract was worth compared to his?golden!

3 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

What I THINK ABOUT is

When I play a Comp. tennis double match, We always aim for the weaker player and one out of position

So how come Myers and OEL were a top 5 shutdown pair in the league for a full season? The 2 worst dmen to ever play the game apparently.... yet they successfully managed to make a huge difference when paired together?

2021-22 Pettersson first 40 games, 24 games pointless. 3 Multi point games. 20pts after 40gp. longest pt streak 3, how many points?? 3. 

Top PP unit, 1st line deployment, always on the ice for the net pulled and in OT.... Didnt deliver. We missed by 3 wins. You know how many games we lost in that first 40? 18 in regulation and 4 in extra minutes. You know how many times he registered a point in a win vs a loss? He registered atleast a point in 14 of our 16 wins. You know how many games he registered a point in our losses and OTL/SOL? 19 of those 21 total losses he didnt register a single point. NINETEEN. He was minus 15 in our losses through 40GP. 

If you want to pick on players for poor performances, stars cant be excluded. Everyone in 2021-22 showed up to play, Petey didnt. That ultimately cost us playoffs. Had he been ready to go like last season or even 1/2 of what he was last season, we would have certainly picked up 3 more wins in those 18 regulation losses.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

What I THINK ABOUT is

This aint tennis or big brother. When the big guy on the other team Deslauriers knocks Petey on the ice and then is stuck for icing on two shifts, Tocc didnt send Joshua? Soucy? what, you want Miller to do it?

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

This aint tennis or big brother. When the big guy on the other team Deslauriers knocks Petey on the ice and then is stuck for icing on two shifts, Tocc didnt send Joshua? Soucy? what, you want Miller to do it?

Its too bad we couldnt keep Pearson, he would have been in there in an instant. Really admired his willingness to do anything for his teammates.... Last season he was just tossin the mitts every other bloody game it seemed.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

can't drive the line when you have garland there hogging the puck taking it for a spin around the net and loses it.. i'm going to venture a guess EP have played with the most combination of linemates this season so far... which sucks.. i dunno what superstar in this league is constantly tossed into a blender for lines.. get the man some stability or get him some legit wingers ffs.

Yeah, that was a short lived experiment.  Garland can't be the play driver when he's on a line with

Petey.  Maybe he can be the play driver with Buevillier and Suter.  I still like Hoglander and Rafferty together.  

1 minute ago, Canucklehead91 said:

Its too bad we couldnt keep Pearson, he would have been in there in an instant. Really admired his willingness to do anything for his teammates.... Last season he was just tossin the mitts every other bloody game it seemed.

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

Yeah, that was a short lived experiment.  Garland can't be the play driver when he's on a line with

Petey.  Maybe he can be the play driver with Buevillier and Suter.  I still like Hoglander and Rafferty together.  

Lol... We all talking about players who aint here anymore? I like when Bertuzzi banged someone to get the puck and fed Morrison who saw Naslund in front.

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Lol... We all talking about players who aint here anymore? I like when Bertuzzi banged someone to get the puck and fed Morrison who saw Naslund in front.

Unfortunately yea... Sucks to lose a guy who stepped up for his teammates every time... Hate losing a guy like that. Too many guys in the lineup not willing to step up. I understand its hard to get the matchup on the road, but at least Pearson was in the top 6 and the chances of him being on the ice against Deslaurier were pretty good. 

42 minutes ago, Canucklehead91 said:

Wow... Someone who actually understands hockey on the forums for once. 

Myers made mistakes for sure... BUT he also broke up SEVERAL plays and stole the puck back behind our net and got the puck out. No one talks about the plays he does that helps. They only pick the few mistakes he makes. 

Totally agree, more time on ice = more flow = better consistency.

For me the one that really stood out, aside from Demko was Boeser. His compete level along the boards or anywhere within a sticks length has sky rocketed. He has truly worked on being more of a 2way guy and doing anything at all costs to help the team. He took too much criticism the last few years. People ragged on him for being a 1 way guy, then shit on him the year his dad was sick. Then they expected him to turn it around completely after his dad passed away, meanwhile those fans with the unrealistic expectations of him having a stronger season after his dad passed away, COMPLETELY ignored the fact it was going to be the biggest distracting year of his career. His first Thanksgiving without his dad, first Christmas, New years, his bday, his dads bday.... All those firsts.... I am so glad to see Boeser get off to a good start and begin to elevate his game in both ends of the ice. Too many fans wanted to cast him away for a 2nd and laughed at the idea of him netting a 1st. I understand the season is still young, but since Tocchet took over, Boeser has bought in and I've noticed his work along the walls and anywhere within reach of the puck has gone way up and he does everything to win the puck or tie them up and wait for help. 

Demko is back baby!!

Lmao you can go back to last year and see how many goals OEL and Myers were blamed for and look at the positioning of their partner or the lack of an easy save. There were games last season where Myers and OEL had their guys tied up and cleared out of the front of the net and the shot came in from the other side, free of a screen and it went in. Still those 2 were blamed. Yet you look at LDGA they had the highest LDGA on the team and our goalies had the worst GSAA. 

Cant talk shit about star players. Petterssons crappy start to the season cost  us playoffs 2 seasons ago, no one mentions a thing.

Meanwhile OEL and Myers were a top 5 shutdown pair in the league that season. That goes unmentioned as well as Petterssons horrendous first half.

Funny how people can make that excuse when star players have 12946 giveaways in a season. "He holds the puck so much more so he is more likely to make a mistake"

Yea? so? What about a guy in the dzone with far more pressure??? Who's likely to make a mistake, the guy who plays with the puck a bunch, or the guy under relentless forecheck/pressure?

Myers was in the lineup. 

Watch out @Odd. will call Myers your “boy” because you look at things in a balanced, intelligent manner Vs he sucks sucks sucks (like a 4 year old having a tantrum) 

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

the problem with the myers hate is everyone is making bad plays giveaways etc.. but they tend to glance over it and only notice it when it's myers.. because they are only focused on myers. what's funny though canucks looks like was only credited with 1 giveaway and that was boeser. myer made mistake for sure.. but it didn't cost the canucks anything.. but here we blow up like myers was the only reason why we lost the game or every game lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Need to tidy things up on the break outs and could really use some Mikhayev and Blueger in the lineup. Would like next game lines to look like this

Beavillier EP40 Kuz

PdG Miller BB6

Mikhayev Suter Garland

Joshua Lafferty Hogz 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Myers

Soucy Juulsen

Mikhayev EP40 Kuz

PdG Miller BB6

Beau Suter Garland

Joshua Lafferty Hogz 

Hughes Hronek

Cole Soucy

Hirose Myers 

move Mikhayev up

Beau down 

play Soucy on the right side because he can 

Hirose steps in to LD Myers bottom pair 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

EARTH TO MANAGEMENT:(We can't all be wrong !)

Myers was bad but did you hear our Captain? Hughes was pretty down on the whole team. I, for one, think this team will shake it off and have a better showing next 

few games. Rick doesn't have to play Myers if he doesn't want to. I'm curious to hear what Myers has ti say, next interview....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Canucklehead91 said:

Tanner Pearson has as many goals as Petey and JTM combined.

5 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Tanner Pearson has as many goals as Petey and JTM combined.

funny guy... But I wonder what Pearson could have done a few years back if they had played Toffoli with him. What a waste to not see what 2/3 of that 70s line could have done. If JT was there, or even Horvat.