[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They need to find a partner for Hughes so Hronek can play with Cole. That’s how you fix this. Myers can’t play in the top 4. 

It’s painful watching him lose a buck battle behind the net with the puck in his skates instead of throwing a hit. Sometimes he thinks he’s a forward…other times a goalie.

“psssst…Myers, you’re a huge defensemen!”

Edited by Huggy Bear
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Myers was really noticable tonight because he was attempting to skate the puck out and make plays tonight and he's probably too big to be good at that. 

Cole  Myers likely not be a good pairing if Myers has to be the puck mover.    

I saw cole playing with Horonek alot so who was playing with Myers tonight? I think there was some mix in the dpairs and it looked like crap in the dipers.

6 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Cole  > Schenn and a better contract. Canucks should play Cole with Hughes.  

Hughes   Cole
Soucy  Hronek
Hirose  Myers

Primary puck mover and primary defender on each pairing.  Soucy seems to need the help, hopefully he improves.  Canucks need a new and young player to emerge and that player could likely be Hirose.  It should be made clear to Myers that his primary role is to defend.  

The coaching staff has this team becoming good checkers, but they are getting too much practice at it.  Check to retrieve the puck and then attempt to keep the puck and make plays.   

Why would break up Hughes and Hronek.  Cole and Myers were good together against Edmonton

Hughes Hronek

Cole Myers

Soucy Jules 

• Confused 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Myers was really noticable tonight because he was attempting to skate the puck out and make plays tonight and he's probably too big to be good at that. 

Cole  Myers likely not be a good pairing if Myers has to be the puck mover.    

Honestly I wouldn't mind if Myers stood at the side of the net and swung his stick around instead of skating anything anywhere.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why would break up Hughes and Hronek.  Cole and Myers were good together against Edmonton

Hughes Hronek

Cole Myers

Soucy Jules 

This was broken tonight... I know they know what they did wrong. Myers is the only one the Fans and the Referee's notice because he is so huge

• Like 1

I dont think tonight’s game is that big of a deal.  Yes, players struggled and demko was the only standout.  I see the real issue being time ( to continue to learn positioning and system ) as well as size….   We dont have any heavy lifters and a lot of fringe skilled players..  anybody that says having size and toughness isnt a requirement in todays nhl have never been in a dressing room at a high level.   

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

game one yes..but Myers has played himself out of the top 4 since then

Not really, considering there's no one to supplant him, so.yiu.miggt as well put him with the guy he clicked with, rather than a player worse than him.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

It was Myers and soucy, mainly.  

Two players unfamiliar with each other would love for Myers to find his game with us gives Soucy a better chance to fit in but I’m not seeing it yet Soucy comming off of injury certainly doesn’t help

1 minute ago, Huggy Bear said:

The way he’s playing might convince RT to go with two lefties

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Cole

Hirose Myers

What the pairs should be IMO.

Myers has proven his entire time here he can’t handle top 4 minutes no matter who you pair him with.

Only way he plays better is with less minutes and a calm stay at home partner like Hirose or Brisebois.

Hughes and Hronek have been too good to break up. Soucy and Cole have played together before so there’s built in chemistry. I hope we finally see some accountability taken with Myers. Too much talk of it and not enough action when he plays bad.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1