[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

1 hour ago, BlockerHigh said:

@Odd.

”my boy myers” 

Always love seeing adolescents beat their concave chests about a game on message boards 

never said he was my “boy”. Disputed your claim he’s not an NHL defenseman 

don’t take a course in stats little guy, you’ll fail 

and I won’t explain why 

You’re literally in a hockey forum bud. 

Your boy just isn’t good. I don’t even need to bring up stats, but I could if you’d like. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drdeath said:

That's the Canucks last game playing in an opponent's home opener at least. Should see some more reasonable officiating in the rest of this road trip. 

I wonder which team that didn't play in an away's home opener this year?  We have had two home openers while away.  If I recall in last 2 years, we have played several home opener while being a visiting team.

Just watched the game on PVR. Canucks actually played better than shot total suggests. Penalties were way too one sided, not to mention penalty shot, and goal called back on us… only to see a couple of late PPs for us when the game was already pretty set. Bloody NHL. 
But yeah, Myers was horrendous. When his slapper hit Petey, I was so pissed off.  Garland needs to get off first line as soon as Mikheyev is ready.

Our intensity was actually pretty good I thought, but Flyers had it going too.

Canucks always seem to have to be in at least two team’s opening nights, which often translates into at least one automatic goal against in the first 10 mins because of the intense pressure the opposition plays right off. How come some other teams never have to be put under those circumstances?

Edited by Slegr
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What the pairs should be IMO.

Myers has proven his entire time here he can’t handle top 4 minutes no matter who you pair him with.

Only way he plays better is with less minutes and a calm stay at home partner like Hirose or Brisebois.

Hughes and Hronek have been too good to break up. Soucy and Cole have played together before so there’s built in chemistry. I hope we finally see some accountability taken with Myers. Too much talk of it and not enough action when he plays bad.

Myers plays better with more minutes, was better with Cole in second pairing.

He can handle 20 minutes, and the 3 on 5 PK you saw in the second game.

Whats more important is he has some canucks spirit like Hughes, JT, Boeser, Demko. 

We all see him makes mistakes but where is his defensive pair on those mistakes. I just think we need to see beyond the TV highlights.

• Vintage 1

Just now, Guntrix said:

I know Petey’s off to a great start points-wise (mostly due to the 8-1 game) but I’d like to see him drive his line more. He should be the one in the driver’s seat.

can't drive the line when you have garland there hogging the puck taking it for a spin around the net and loses it.. i'm going to venture a guess EP have played with the most combination of linemates this season so far... which sucks.. i dunno what superstar in this league is constantly tossed into a blender for lines.. get the man some stability or get him some legit wingers ffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

So sick of us starting games on our heels.  years and years of this crap.  I hate seeing us outshot nigh after night.  Especially when we go ages without even testing the other goalie.

If we don't fix this shit soon, there will be no fix, it will be to late.

I scanned through the game, but man there were some bad decisions.

AND Tyler Myers is playing his WORST hockey with us.  He sucks so bad.

Just now, DANJR said:

So sick of us starting games on our heels.  years and years of this crap.  I hate seeing us outshot nigh after night.  Especially when we go ages without even testing the other goalie.

We had no legs tonight. And yes Myers is friggin’ terrible. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Odd. said:

You’re literally in a hockey forum bud. 

Your boy just isn’t good. I don’t even need to bring up stats, but I could if you’d like. 

As usual the adolescent didn’t understand the point 🤦‍♂️ 

it’s quite obvious your age. I’ve seen it before. Your behaviour is not new and quite stereotypical 

Edited by BlockerHigh
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DANJR said:

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We had no legs tonight. And yes Myers is friggin’ terrible. 

If you just SCAN THROUGH THE GAME, Petterson sucked just as much as Myers. Just being honest.

Just now, Tusk said:

You all realize Myers touched the puck more than Petterson tonight? Look at the game from Demko's perspective 

And the first goal was Soucy and Juulsen on the ice and the second was a Penalty shot......

Canucks fans suck more than Myers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Refs suck!

Well thought out analysis, supported by a plethora of stats, even some after game analysis by Don Cherry ... well done

I do miss the old board for this bit.

Disappointed in the team but as I have for the past 40 years or so will be cheering them on.

Go Canucks Go

On to my next Game Day Thread.

Please sign up and do one. 

Edited by Rocket-68

22 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Well thought out analysis, supported by a plethora of stats, even some after game analysis by Don Cherry ... well done

I do miss the old board for this bit.

Disappointed in the team but as I have for the past 40 years or so will be cheering them on.

Go Canucks Go

On to my next Game Day Thread.

Please sign up and do one. 

Ha, me too, there wasn’t a PGT up for a good 10 minutes and I kept waiting and waiting so it was a spur of the moment thing.