[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

12 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hard to have a great practice with no Pettersson there. His offensive skills talents are a huge part of everything. 

Wonder if he has the flu that has been going through. Not unusual to see the Canucks as bad as last night but unusual to see Pettey so flat. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Shocked Genie GIF

We beat Edmonton but DeSmith bailed the team out big time, Demko tried his best against Philly. We can scapegoat this player or that player, but as a whole we've been pretty shoddy defensively the last couple games. PK has looked good, but I'm more inclined to credit most of that to our tenders, who have been excellent. At the end of the day DeSmith stopped 37/40 shots, Demko stopped 40/42. If not for our tenders being excellent and Edmonton's tending being questionable we're probably 1-2 right now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say our lack of shot totals also speaks to a lack of possession. The reffing wasn't great last night and one can critique when wer got our powerplays, no question, but we still got 3 powerplays to Philly's 4, which indicates that we were pretty shit at even strength. But yeah, we knew that. We had 3 to Edmonton's 7, but while one can maybe point to refs for some of the calls, it likely also speaks to a lack of discipline. For example, six different players were assessed penalties against Edmonton and Myers wasn't one of them.

It's early on but they really need to tighten things up, which can't be blamed on one or two players imo. Tenders have been excellent. Wins aren't always pretty but that doesn't mean there isn't cause for concern. 

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Hard to have a great practice with no Pettersson there. His offensive skills talents are a huge part of everything. 

While that's true it's a good test for the rest of the team to raise the level and hopefully be even better when he returns. 

15 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I think its more Garland that's interfering. He gets the goalies skate with his stick just as he's about to drop into the butterfly and gets knocked into the net with the puck. I dont believe boeser was at all considered. 

But what do I know? This is why nhl officials should have to do post game interviews to explain their b.s.

I totally agree and thought the announcers were out to lunch.  It was Garland for inference. 

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I totally agree and thought the announcers were out to lunch.  It was Garland for inference. 

I agreed with commentators. Puck was loose in goalies feet. Garland had every rite to follow the puck on and try to push it in. Goalie wasn’t down or set, didn’t have possession in anyway. Only way it makes sense is if Garland missed the puck shoved the goalie in the net dragging the puck with it. Didn’t have great view from front but maybe refs did. 

• Cheers 1

Sad Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Well the Nucks have come crashing back down to earth eh....if it wasn't for Demko, it would have been an ugly blowout....they wasted another brilliant performance by him...he will be wanting out of dodge if things don't improve....well lets see if Toccy boy can right the ship and get the players to have a bounce back game against the bolts...we can but hope...

1 hour ago, LionofJudah said:

This is why nhl officials should have to do post game interviews to explain their b.s.

It would give the game/league SO much more credibility for them to do so.

Explain your decisions. Why are they secret information?

("uh, that's what we were told to do")

• Like 2