[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

28 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

I think its more Garland that's interfering. He gets the goalies skate with his stick just as he's about to drop into the butterfly and gets knocked into the net with the puck. I dont believe boeser was at all considered. 

But what do I know? This is why nhl officials should have to do post game interviews to explain their b.s.

It would be great if there was some sort of review board (third party) that would review questionable calls made by officials in the league that are clearly contentious based on a set parameter of criteria, agreed upon both by the NHLPA and the NHL. Any official found making questionable calls would be reviewed and if the official displays a pattern of doing so, they're suspended from officiating NHL games and are demoted to a minor league until they display a greater consistency and adherence to the rules. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Rekker said:

I can only agree that he's big. I question Myers hockey sense and the ability to process the game quick enough. He loses a lot of one on one battles, doesn't use his size properly. Takes too many penalties. I don't even see average puck handling, handles the puck like a grenade. He's just terrible, so done with him. I don't want to beat a guy when he's down, but he has to go. The game has gotten to quick for him. 

Yup, I agree. I would rather have a smaller player like Hirose who has the ability to play the game properly if he can handle the physical rigors. Myers made the league based on his size but just about all very large players struggle with mobility on some level. For Myers he's just far too slow to process the game and send instructions to his giant oversized body at the same time. The game has passed him by. I admit he is still an NHL defender but the type of player I just can't stand. It's so annoying to see the grade school level of mistakes cost the the team games. I'd rather a player lose out in a foot race or get beat by a good play as compared to Myers just passing it right to the other team or not being able make a simple play or read. Thankfully the end is only a season away. It's seems like it's been forever.

18 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Im a canucks homer as much as anyone but come on that was goalie interference on the garland no goal and it was the right call

You are not likely to get a lot of upvotes on this comment, but you are right. The refs made the right call on this one.

Overall, Philly might have benefited a bit from the reffing, but the Canucks need to stop taking so many penalties.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

1 hour ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Is Pettersson hurt?

14 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

White Spot Flu.......lingering - perhaps!

I his interview Tocchet said that Petey is a "a bit banged up" and said he would probably play against Tampa. He took a shot in the ankle from Myers last night and was limping afterward. (It was a stupid shot, nowhere near the net, just one more thing Myers did wrong last night. Frankly I would have favored putting Myers on waivers after the game.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, JamesB said:

I his interview Tocchet said that Petey is a "a bit banged up" and said he would probably play against Tampa. He took a shot in the ankle from Myers last night and was limping afterward. (It was a stupid shot, nowhere near the net, just one more thing Myers did wrong last night. Frankly I would have favored putting Myers on waivers after the game.)

Drysaddles unpenalized slewfoot for starters 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DANJR said:

Petey is allowed to have an off night, due to the number of on nights he has.
Myers.....not so much.

That is the worst mentality.

He’s allowed to suck?

So SCF in 2011 Luongo was allowed to suck?

How many nights has Crosby sucked?

You should demand excellence from your star players night in and night out. There should never be “allowed to suck”

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

That is the worst mentality.

He’s allowed to suck?

So SCF in 2011 Luongo was allowed to suck?

How many nights has Crosby sucked?

You should demand excellence from your star players night in and night out. There should never be “allowed to suck”

Not every team has the luxory of a Malkin as a teammate.

2 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Agreed, I think once the coaches know how to use him and put him in the proper places to succeed game wise we will see our giraffe round back to form.

Last 2 seasons we have leaned on him too much. So many coaching changes. A guy like Myers probably needs a bit if time to adjust to new systems…repetition is key here. Special players learn on the fly…all the rest it’s all about systems, rinse and repeat until it’s all locked into their long term memories. So when plays do occur it’s just instinct/reaction to do what is needed to make the right play…that shit takes time for most players.

I’m still open to this season going either way. Because come this off season we will actually have some cap space to play with to make changes needed to take the next step. 

He's 33 and been in the league 14 years. How much more time should we give him as compared to everyone else?

3 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Why does this Friedman trade make me feel like we traded Rathbone to replace Burroughs who we let walk?  

3 hours ago, Rekker said:

Kind of. Rathbone has pretty much zero value, so all good. In the end, all these borderline NHLers are interchangeable and it comes down to the right fit, right time to maybe get more out of these players. Keep moving around the furniture and maybe you like a piece here or there.

Exactly. Nicely stated. Zero use Rathbone for a 1 year spare part. No way in hell it would have been wise to sign Burroughs for 3 years. This is the way things should be done.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's 33 and been in the league 14 years. How much more time should we give him as compared to everyone else?

I’m not saying he will figure it out, not at his age. Just saying that when systems change year after year for the past 3 years it’s hard to get dialed in. Some guys take longer to adjust. If the system keeps changing i’d imagine it’s hard for a lot of players to wipe all the stuff that’s been taught to them by the previous coach and be completely dialed in on what the new coach wants. I guess I’m willing to give the whole team a few more months to get on the same page…unfortunately may be too late by then to make the playoffs. This year i’m gonna try and take it easy. It’s a 50/50 year. Could go either way for us.

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Cheers 1