[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

Just now, HKSR said:

Let's be honest with ourselves. 

Game 1: Oilers played a pretty bad game overall.  Canucks took full advantage and steam rolled them.

Game 2: Canucks were outplayed pretty badly and squeaked out the win.  8 times out of 10 the Canucks would have likely lost that game.

Game 3: Worst effort out of the 3.  Maybe had a bit of bad luck in the 3rd and refs didn't help, but the Canucks didn't deserve to win this one either. 

I'm actually not that impressed so far.  They look more structured which is good, but seem to be lacking that effort level needed to be a consistent playoff team in this league.  At least that's what I see after the first 3 games (and a small sample size).

The thing that got me excited was that it seemed Tocchet seemed to address our softness issue but when we finally went up against a physical team our toughness went out the window.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

Deslauriers won the game by knocking Petey out of the zone in the first period. then Deslauriers was stuck on the ice for icing TWICE and Canucks never put anyone out to get him.

Or had anyone to get him. I thought Joshua or Soucy. but Nothing. I mean, this is hockey, not Big Brother/Survivor

• Cheers 2

The Garland on the 1st line experiment needs to end.  Its not working. Kuzy needs to show up and that line needs a guy like Lafferty, big physical digger.  Like what Miller and Boeser have.  And Buevillier, I don't know what he's waiting for.  A written invitation to star the season? He was invisible in the preseason as well.  He's a passenger taking up a roster spot.

• Like 1