[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

Lotto Line looked dangerous when Tocc put them out there out of desperation then Myers shot Petey with the puck with a low IQ shot from the point.

Need to upgrade at least 2 of the 6 D and need more size and grit on the wing.  We should have at least one more Lafferty type player 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

If you burn out 3 games into the season the rest of the year is going to be brutal.

They were being bag skated on the road, a day before the game. Maybe, just maybe, the bag skates should happen a day removed from the game.

• Cheers 2

A poor game from the team today after 1st period - without Demko, score would have been about 5-0 after two periods so the 2-0 score is actually flattering.  I thought Myers also really struggled today with the intense fore checking (giveaways, penalties, coverage) - as I have mentioned in the past, I think he's a bit better with less minutes - around the 15m range.- and his blast from the point was WAY TOO HIGH and could have really injured Petey.

Disappointed with the response as this was textbook Torts and they still could not handle the heavier fore check.  Was hoping they would begin to play five man units on D early this season and as the last two games have shown, the team still has some ways to go as they have depended too much on hot goal tending to stay in it.

I think they will start tweaking the D systems to give our "poor goalies" better coverage moving on wards as cannot have 30+ save performances each night

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanucksCritic said:

Holy shit, this is too fucking funny.

We beat an AHL goalie for two games and people were already planning the parade? Oh my fucking lord. 

Nah I think keep Mc David and co off the score sheet almost entirely during the opening two games was more impressive 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, CanucksCritic said:

Sleepy Jim: “Don’t worry! I’m still awake. Didn’t you see I made a trade today?”

Clowns.

Worst GM ever. He basically killed our club for his 8 years here and smother 8 after he’s gone because of his choices. Imagine. A GM killing us for almost 2 decades! The guy is the worst. 

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1