[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

Ok so if I got this right.. we got bag skated today in practice, and that's always good for a team with the flu, so .. why didn't we win? 

Or maybe it's more like this; Canucks were heavily out shot (game2) and their back up lead them to victory after an impressive win, In the first game.. so the coach said "hey you can coast through every other game and expect the goalie to bail you out" (sounds kind of familiar with how we sat down in games for Marky and Demko in the past.) Over and over again our effort throughput the entirety of a season has been pathetic at times. 

I don't know about everyone here but I'm glad we have a coach that isn't gonna accept excuses till Feb and expect a different result 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

size does matter when you are tiny vs a big team lol i see our smaller guys flying around the ice or sitting on their asses from being knocked around.. the 1st game was impressive against a team that wasn't ready.. 2nd game we were badly outplayed and won thx to questionable goaltending on the other end.. this game we were also badly outplayed but lost to average goaltending by the flyers.. we could easily have been 1-2 to start the season.. and the last 2 games have been pretty horrible to watch from the canucks stand point.. the issues i have from last season is rearing his head early.. we are getting heavily out shot/shot attempts in a lot of games.. last year it was mostly against the strong teams.. well this year it's against lottery teams too.

3 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

One loss the sky isn’t fallling,new guys in the line up.2 wins to start is good  too,either way still early in the season

I agree. But things really started to look like pre season Canucks out there which is kinda scary. By the end of the game, the doomers , concern trolls and chicken littles had convinced me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, CanucksCritic said:

Holy shit, this is too fucking funny.

We beat an AHL goalie for two games and people were already planning the parade? Oh my fucking lord. 

Yeah, that's that's just fricken' hilarious. I don't think anyone was planning any parade unless they live in Toronto. 

• Vintage 1

• Dumb Nuck changed the title to [PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th
16 minutes ago, Blue said:

There is literal footage of the team being bag skated before this game. 

So maybe riding the team like a rented mule in practice isn't the best way forward 

I haven't seen the footage.  Where was it posted?

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks played like shit and deserved to lose. Myers and Garland need to be traded if they have any aspirations of winning. Demko is amazing. Couldn't even score a goal. Pathetic.  

Yah, Myers and Garlund think they might have a better chance to win on another team too

Urghhhh what an absolute shitshow of a game ! 

Not jumping off the band wagon with both feet after one game lol. But, that sure was history repeating - East coast road trip, the team comes out looking half asleep and stays that way . . . while a young aggressive team like Phily, Detroit etc skate around, and out battle us on nearly ever shift. 

The quality just not there tonight - i gotta wonder if this continues if they shouldn't bring back that Gillis Sleep voodoo doctor - as that was the last team i remember even managing above 500 on a east coast swing. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is 100% done with Myers, he hasn't been all bad in his time here, but when he's bad - he's a freaking liability - would be better off with 4 men on the ice. 

Demmer deserved better than that shit they served up - if he can keep that form all season were gonna be in with a chance. 

I don't generally buy into the whole NHL throwing games narrative, but u gotta say the refs tonight seemed awful keen on making sure Phily got their home opener win. - Not a single call went out way, no make up calls ( which we always get against us when up in the 3rd ).

On to the next one. . . 500 ain't bad for this road trip, even tho some people convinced themselves were now by far the best team in the league after the first 2. 

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks played like shit and deserved to lose. Myers and Garland need to be traded if they have any aspirations of winning. Demko is amazing. Couldn't even score a goal. Pathetic.  

Myers only has aspirations of being a complete clusterfuck of a player. And he’s reaching his potential every game. 

• Cheers 1