[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

27 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

- Demko was a beast

- Refs were atrocious 

- Myers no longer an NHL Player

He's certainly not on the Canucks right now.

But I bet Myers will play in the top pair with OEL, if he gets traded to Florida. 🤪

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Let's be honest with ourselves. 

Game 1: Oilers played a pretty bad game overall.  Canucks took full advantage and steam rolled them.

Game 2: Canucks were outplayed pretty badly and squeaked out the win.  8 times out of 10 the Canucks would have likely lost that game.

Game 3: Worst effort out of the 3.  Maybe had a bit of bad luck in the 3rd and refs didn't help, but the Canucks didn't deserve to win this one either. 

I'm actually not that impressed so far.  They look more structured which is good, but seem to be lacking that effort level needed to be a consistent playoff team in this league.  At least that's what I see after the first 3 games (and a small sample size).

Very long way to go, to say the least.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Well it does make you wonder if it sucked some of the life out of them.

I have the flu right now....peeling carrots just now was a workout.

Not excuses, but you have to also not just revert to the "they suck" narrative that's so easily to pull out of the hat.  Something in the middle is likely closest to the truth.

They came out flat and never really showed anything. So why do you think that is? They just don't care? I don't buy it.

Because they stopped playing the way they did the first game. I didn't say the "suck" I said they sat on a victory and the second game let the goalie do most of the work, tonight was even worse. They work ethic is everything I said , nothing of sucking. And I'm sorry you have the flu but blaming poor work ethic and execution in plays and poor passing isn't just pulling something easily out of a metaphorical "hat" its what's been happening to this core for over 5 years. A lot of people blamed Bo and hollered in joy(that he was gone)  when we won the first two.. the problem is still infecting this team. Hopefully the coach can work it out of whoever it is.

12 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

A poor game from the team today after 1st period - without Demko, score would have been about 5-0 after two periods so the 2-0 score is actually flattering.  I thought Myers also really struggled today with the intense fore checking (giveaways, penalties, coverage) - as I have mentioned in the past, I think he's a bit better with less minutes - around the 15m range.- and his blast from the point was WAY TOO HIGH and could have really injured Petey.

Disappointed with the response as this was textbook Torts and they still could not handle the heavier fore check.  Was hoping they would begin to play five man units on D early this season and as the last two games have shown, the team still has some ways to go as they have depended too much on hot goal tending to stay in it.

I think they will start tweaking the D systems to give our "poor goalies" better coverage moving on wards as cannot have 30+ save performances each night

Appreciate the level, sky isn't falling observations.  Work to do for sure.  Myers on 3rd pair with appropriate minutes for sure.  Demko's great... Looks in mid season form.  Team is still getting used to each other, with new additions and system.  Regardless, no excuses, they need to be better...  Like now.

30 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The thing that got me excited was that it seemed Tocchet seemed to address our softness issue but when we finally went up against a physical team our toughness went out the window.

Tocchet should have stormed into the Flyers dressing room for a fight with Torts during intermission.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So, let's just use your logic here.

If we won because we beat an AHL goalie.....where was the unreal so, so good McDavid? I mean, he should've taken us to the cleaners. He should've helped the AHL goalie, right?

When we win, it's a fluke.

When we lose, we are the worst.

We're allowed to celebrate wins...especially if the come against that so, so good unreal player. It's ok to find some happiness in this deal. 

Whats worse is when we blame one defensive player when we were outshot 42-25. Myers played enough you noticed him. Where was Soucy

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just don't understand how he can continue to make mistakes and not be held accountable. We're that desperate?

He has some ok moments, but that's not good enough. There are far too many boneheaded decisions that put us behind the play (or completely out of it).

I'm done with him.

It is a bad contract,thx Jim

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone thinking the Flyers are that good or we’re that bad needs to give their head a shake.

This team has never been that bad in the last few seasons. They were clearly gassed from the flu.

Yes. But the coached ripped the whole team so the effort boomers think they are vindicated. 

33 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

We looked soft and disorganized. 

Myers looked extra special bad.

I can't figure out why some of the younger d don't get more of a chance instead of him. 

At least Myers could play tough but he doesn't even do that. 

Why risk happy retirement life when he just got paid the rump-sum fund?

43 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Flyers won the game when the laid out Petey and we turned the other cheek.

What's new?   This team hasn't had Pushback in years and was suppossed to be addressed even after JR pointed this problem out last year.    I guess we'll have to wait!

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Hi, guys... @Dumb Nuck

There's a reason why some of us avoid GDTs and PGTs when the team plays afternoon games during working days - it's because we've got the game PVR'd and don't want it spoiled before we watch the game.

Please please please DON'T POST THE SCORE in the PGT title.  

Thanks.

This is fair enough, but honestly you just saved 3 hours.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just don't understand how he can continue to make mistakes and not be held accountable. We're that desperate?

He has some ok moments, but that's not good enough. There are far too many boneheaded decisions that put us behind the play (or completely out of it).

I'm done with him.

Allvin should also give Myers' agent full permission to find a trade.... but it won't go anywhere because no GM other than Jim Benning will bite.

• Cheers 1