[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone thinking the Flyers are that good or we’re that bad needs to give their head a shake.

This team has never been that bad in the last few seasons. They were clearly gassed from the flu.

I didn't see the game, only listened on radio. I hope you're right

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Because they stopped playing the way they did the first game. I didn't say the "suck" I said they sat on a victory and the second game let the goalie do most of the work, tonight was even worse. They work ethic is everything I said , nothing of sucking. And I'm sorry you have the flu but blaming poor work ethic and execution in plays and poor passing isn't just pulling something easily out of a metaphorical "hat" its what's been happening to this core for over 5 years. A lot of people blamed Bo and hollered in joy(that he was gone)  when we won the first two.. the problem is still infecting this team. Hopefully the coach can work it out of whoever it is.

You literally believe it is all about work ethic. 🤦‍♂️ That is ridiculous. They are high level professionals. They aren't children.  

They want to win the game. Nobody wants to lose the game. Winning is way less taxing than losing. The no work ethic theory makes zero sense. 

Thatcher Demko was let down by the effort level of 18 guys tonight. 
Terrible effort.  
Can’t talk about systems or whine about what was terrible reffing, we just didn’t show up.  

Bad night when Lafferty is your second best player so he gets a 10 minute misconduct for getting hit. The 2 minutes was reasonably earned but the 10?

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers only has aspirations of being a complete clusterfuck of a player. And he’s reaching his potential every game. 

He was bad tonight man, I stuck up for him the other night and man, I'll eat my bed and cook it too on this one. Something about not growing rock on a loose ship. Ah I suck at these. 

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Let's be honest with ourselves. 

Game 1: Oilers played a pretty bad game overall.  Canucks took full advantage and steam rolled them.

Game 2: Canucks were outplayed pretty badly and squeaked out the win.  8 times out of 10 the Canucks would have likely lost that game.

Game 3: Worst effort out of the 3.  Maybe had a bit of bad luck in the 3rd and refs didn't help, but the Canucks didn't deserve to win this one either. 

I'm actually not that impressed so far.  They look more structured which is good, but seem to be lacking that effort level needed to be a consistent playoff team in this league.  At least that's what I see after the first 3 games (and a small sample size).

Very, Very accurate!   I still see the PP being played the same old way - all from the outside with the same old plays and player positions as the last few years.  I can almost write the exact script for our PP because i know it (as most of you do) so well so you can bet our oppents do as well.   We're still slow, soft and lacking GRIT and have passengers on board for the ride.  Lots of work still to go....

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just don't understand how he can continue to make mistakes and not be held accountable. We're that desperate?

He has some ok moments, but that's not good enough. There are far too many boneheaded decisions that put us behind the play (or completely out of it).

I'm done with him.

I hope he’s traded. He sucks. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I guess it's safe to say that Tock-its Severe Bag Skate he forced the team to endure yesterday just before their 6 hour flight, late night, early start  and time change wasn't such a brilliant idea after all.

giphy.gif

But hey. Lets bag skate them even harder. That'll teach 'em 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Allvin should also give Myers' agent full permission to find a trade.... but it won't go anywhere because no GM other than Jim Benning will bite.

Exactly. No way in hell Myers gets traded after any team sees performances like that. The only hope is to find a serviceable right D after we trade a winger. Myers then sits in the press box. No way in hell that standard of play is acceptable. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

Ya he’s been invisible all 3 games 

i mean he only had success playing with EP last season and was invisible when he's not.. not sure why tocchett is stubborn putting garland on the top line and beau on the 3rd line.. garland literally drags the line down.. i would just stick to what works and simplify the game to get ppl going. he's been juggling EP up and down the line.. but i don't think i've seen him play with beau for a shift yet.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

The Garland on the 1st line experiment needs to end.  Its not working. Kuzy needs to show up and that line needs a guy like Lafferty, big physical digger.  Like what Miller and Boeser have.  And Buevillier, I don't know what he's waiting for.  A written invitation to star the season? He was invisible in the preseason as well.  He's a passenger taking up a roster spot.

I agree, Bo-Vilier is turning into a floater and hasn't done anything in 9 period of hockey so far.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 games in a row allowing 40+ shots against... not a good look boys tighten it up!!!

We all loves ya and root for ya... 38 yrs old fan since 1992 and ya ain't making it easy on me. Cmon!!!!! Let's be tough to play against win or lose every night make em go to war!! 

Make guys pay for what they take!!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i mean he only had success playing with EP last season and was invisible when he's not.. not sure why tocchett is stubborn putting garland on the top line and beau on the 3rd line.. garland literally drags the line down.. i would just stick to what works and simplify the game to get ppl going. he's been juggling EP up and down the line.. but i don't think i've seen him play with beau for a shift yet.

I agree Garland is a bustaroo I'd have Beau Up top along Kuz Missle and EP40

Edited by Bobby Lou

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just don't understand how he can continue to make mistakes and not be held accountable. We're that desperate?

He has some ok moments, but that's not good enough. There are far too many boneheaded decisions that put us behind the play (or completely out of it).

I'm done with him.

I agree. He just makes mistakes that aren't forced and come out of nowhere so often and then is given the same amount of ice time. Doesn't make sense.

39 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I said it a few games ago - back in the pre-season that Juleson is not ready for the NHL.  he made ton's of mistake in preseason and is doing the same now.  Thankfully with the acquisition of that new RHD today - you can bet he'll be punted down to the farm.

• Upvote 2