[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

29 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just don't understand how he can continue to make mistakes and not be held accountable. We're that desperate?

He has some ok moments, but that's not good enough. There are far too many boneheaded decisions that put us behind the play (or completely out of it).

I'm done with him.

I'm pretty sure Petey wasn't impressed when he got drilled by Myers slap shot, either. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Future Considerations said:

Shots against is reflective of the team not holding on to the puck and making plays.   They played boring dump in hockey tonight.  They couldn't break the puck out of their own zone.  They were just giving the puck back to the other team all night long.  

I agree it's hard to watch this nonsense year in and year out.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

I agree on Myers but Beau and Galand are both garbage. Garland has no finish what so ever. Skates around with puck few spins shoots wide. Terrible defensively and not worth his salary. 

I will say Garly has a motor and tries however...

I know I'm too nice. Lol but yeah GarlAnd can at least skate eh. He hardly hits the net, half decent shot. But yeah pretty meh. Overall I do think Beau can be dealt easier because his contract is expiring 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Honestly Myers can’t keep up with pace of today’s game,he’s big and has a reach would be my guess as to the ice time he gets.We need to limit that or get rid of him altogether hopefully for assets 

At this point simply keeping him out of the lineup will be a plus for the team.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

I think Juulsen could be a 6/7 D but he Def is in over his head. Myers should be riding the 3rd RHD spot until he's traded or expired... somethings gotta give.

Juulsen is a near-literal definition of Maslow's hammer.  When all you can do is hit, everything starts to look like a nail.  He cannot generate offense because he would rather defend so he can hit some more.

It provides energy when needed but we can't have that over all 82 games.

9 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

We need new ownership - That has been the problem with this franchise for over a decade now.

We can always count on you with the ridiculous and unrealistic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

I know I'm too nice. Lol but yeah GarlAnd can at least skate eh. He hardly hits the net, half decent shot. But yeah pretty meh. Overall I do think Beau can be dealt easier because his contract is expiring 

I just think it's sad we hold either player as high as we do as canucks fans... both are adequate at best. Hahaha it is sad. 

Def Beau is easier to move 

32 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Because they stopped playing the way they did the first game. I didn't say the "suck" I said they sat on a victory and the second game let the goalie do most of the work, tonight was even worse. They work ethic is everything I said , nothing of sucking. And I'm sorry you have the flu but blaming poor work ethic and execution in plays and poor passing isn't just pulling something easily out of a metaphorical "hat" its what's been happening to this core for over 5 years. A lot of people blamed Bo and hollered in joy(that he was gone)  when we won the first two.. the problem is still infecting this team. Hopefully the coach can work it out of whoever it is.

For the record, I never said they had the flu. I said it would make sense as to why they looked off from their great start. 

They were shit tonight. Surprisingly shit for all the talk of being prepared, accountability, etc. Effort wasn't good enough at all and Tocchet was right in placing it at their feet. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

At this point simply keeping him out of the lineup will be a plus for the team.

Keep him in the lineup with limited minutes but please seek assets before unloading him GMs are enticed by size😃

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

For the record, I never said they had the flu. I said it would make sense as to why they looked off from their great start. 

They were shit tonight. Surprisingly shit for all the talk of being prepared, accountability, etc. Effort wasn't good enough at all and Tocchet was right in placing it at their feet. 

Sorry I was angry 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Friedman

Soucy-McWard

Fire Myers & Juulsen to the moon

I agree that Myers needs to go eventually. Juulsen is good depth in the back end, but he's not a long term fit. He really should be in Abby. Simply not good enough. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

I want a Myers-free Canucks experience..

EARTH TO MANAGEMENT:(We can't all be wrong !)

1 hour ago, Canucks-12 said:

- Demko was a beast. Refs were atrocious 

- Myers no longer an NHL Player

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

We looked soft and disorganized. 

Myers looked extra special bad.

I can't figure out why some of the younger d don't get more of a chance instead of him. 

At least Myers could play tough but he doesn't even do that. 

1 hour ago, Mando27 said:

Just got back from watching that tire fire. Thoughts on the game?

First the Positives - Demko looking great

- Cole/Soucy I thought looked great as a pairing

- Boeser/Miller line still played good despite not converting

- PK continues to look really good

Now the Negatives - Obviously Myers was godawful he needs to get buried into the minors

- Petey had a horrible game, takes a few hits and immediately starts shutting down/playing sloppy.

- Not going to win many games starting slow, saw some old habits coming back to the team.

57 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Outplayed and Flyers deserved the W. But refs and Myers = Dog vomit 

56 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

56 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Myers needs to sit. Bring up McWard. He’s a much better player. 

52 minutes ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

A poor game from the team today after 1st period - without Demko, score would have been about 5-0 after two periods so the 2-0 score is actually flattering.  I thought Myers also really struggled today with the intense fore checking (giveaways, penalties, coverage) - as I have mentioned in the past, I think he's a bit better with less minutes - around the 15m range.- and his blast from the point was WAY TOO HIGH and could have really injured Petey.

52 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What’s Soucy got to do with Myers being a puck sucker

50 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I wonder where all the people who defended Myers are at when I said he’s not an NHL calibre defenseman. 

He is atrocious. Quite genuinely one of the worst defenseman we’ve iced in the last 10 years. Worse than Gudbranson, Pouliot, and  Sbisa combined. It infuriates me that we will be stuck with him for the remainder of the season. He needs to be in the press box as the 8th defenseman.

Juulsen experiment needed to end yesterday. He just can’t process the game at an NHL level and is at best a top 4 defenseman in the AHL.

49 minutes ago, BlockerHigh said:

@Odd.

”my boy myers” 

Always love seeing adolescents beat their concave chests about a game on message boards 

never said he was my “boy”. Disputed your claim he’s not an NHL defenseman 

don’t take a course in stats little guy, you’ll fail 

and I won’t explain why 

49 minutes ago, Nucklifer said:

Got to write this one off. Hoping its the flu still that impacted this game. Hughes looked green out there at the end so that's the excuse of the day.

Friedman in for Myers

Hirose in for Juulsen

43 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Canucks played like shit and deserved to lose. Myers and Garland need to be traded if they have any aspirations of winning. Demko is amazing. Couldn't even score a goal. Pathetic.  

40 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Yah, Myers and Garlund think they might have a better chance to win on another team too

40 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Urghhhh what an absolute shitshow of a game ! 

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is 100% done with Myers, he hasn't been all bad in his time here, but when he's bad - he's a freaking liability - would be better off with 4 men on the ice. 

38 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers only has aspirations of being a complete clusterfuck of a player. And he’s reaching his potential every game. 

37 minutes ago, 1-d said:

He's certainly not on the Canucks right now.

But I bet Myers will play in the top pair with OEL, if he gets traded to Florida. 🤪

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers needs to be a healthy scratch that never dons the Canucks jersey again. 

34 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just don't understand how he can continue to make mistakes and not be held accountable. We're that desperate?

He has some ok moments, but that's not good enough. There are far too many boneheaded decisions that put us behind the play (or completely out of it).

I'm done with him.

26 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Wouldn’t be suprised if Tochett gives Myers the OEL treatment

26 minutes ago, EB43 said:

We need a “Send Myers to the Minors”  banner behind a plane.

24 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Agreed. Myers third pair......in Abby.

24 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Allvin should also give Myers' agent full permission to find a trade.... but it won't go anywhere because no GM other than Jim Benning will bite.

22 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

He was bad tonight man, I stuck up for him the other night and man, I'll eat my bed and cook it too on this one. Something about not growing rock on a loose ship. Ah I suck at these. 

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope he’s traded. He sucks. 

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I know what you mean. And you don’t suck. Myers does. 

20 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Exactly. No way in hell Myers gets traded after any team sees performances like that. The only hope is to find a serviceable right D after we trade a winger. Myers then sits in the press box. No way in hell that standard of play is acceptable. 

20 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Ryan Johnson will refuse. 

Having Myers in the lineup is like forfeiting games.

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well said, Rick. Sort out the team and remove the floaters. Remove the weak. Fire Myers into the Sun. 

17 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Honestly Myers can’t keep up with pace of today’s game,he’s big and has a reach would be my guess as to the ice time he gets.We need to limit that or get rid of him altogether hopefully for assets 

16 minutes ago, Barn Burner said:

Myers needs to be dropped to the ECHL. Period.  This guy is just a total gong show player. Almost injures Petey, too. 

15 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I agree. He just makes mistakes that aren't forced and come out of nowhere so often and then is given the same amount of ice time. Doesn't make sense.

12 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Myers wasn’t noticed for any of the right reasons, friend 

9 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I hope Friedman eats up most of Myer's ice time.  Myer's shouldn't be playing more than 9 sheltered mins a game. 

9 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Myers was terrible tonight, 4 + big mistakes 

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Myers shouldn’t be playing. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Lou said:

I agree on Myers but Beau and Galand are both garbage. Garland has no finish what so ever. Skates around with puck few spins shoots wide. Terrible defensively and not worth his salary. I will say Garly has a motor and tries however...

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Mik can’t get back soon enough.
Garland bouncing off other players is almost comical, where did the viciousness go?

Beau could use some time in the press box. He looked really poor last 2. 

I thought the Beauvillier  Suter  Joshua line was the best line overall for the team through 40 minutes.  

Miller's line was pretty good through 60.  They benefit from getting to play with Hughes Hronek for a lot of their minutes.  Boeser is playing lights out better than last season, liking his game.  The line seems to need an upgrade on DiGuiseppe; good effort, like his size and heart, but maybe not enough finish for a top 6 role.    

Petey needed better linemates tonight.  The line is typically deployed with the bottom pairings on D.  They need to get the puck to Petey a lot more.  Garland and Kuzmenko didn't seem to be too keen on retrieving pucks tonight.  I don't think Petey was born to play dump in hockey.  Can't wait for Mikeyev to come back.    

Lafferty and Hoglander played alright on the 4th line.  Liking Lafferty's size and speed.  

• Cheers 1