[PGT] Vancouver Canucks 0 Philadelphia Flyers 2 - Final, Oct 17th

Dumb Nuck

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I like Schenn but $2.75 Million per season. Yeah not, gonna work. Burroughs was a hard worker, but he was still a #6/7 dman.

seems like fair value, he probably would've taken a little discount too, and burroughs was miles better than juulsen. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

And that reflects on the players playing the game how?

Bitching about it isn't going to do anything. Until A) The Aquas want to sell, or there's a price they can't refuse. B) Then you need investors with very deep pockets.

So instead of being a snivelling coyote. Go do something positive and try to get some multi millionaires together and make a bid.

Or just have some cheese with your whine.

I'm right on it..................................................................................The Whine & Cheeze!

image.jpeg.b77b79d706322bb8ac595015d1d0a002.jpeg

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That sure as hell didn't look like GI from Brock. Hart was able to move just fine. Was Garland too close to Harts pads?

Agreed, the call was total bs.  Canucks have to beat the other team and the refs on how many nights?  So far it's two out of three games and they are 1 - 1 in those games.   

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Boy, that was ugly 

Yep. In the can this one goes. Next one to Tampa Bay. I expect a better effort, whether they win that or not is a different question entirely, but I suspect a better effort for sure against the Lightning. 

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

Myers was bad but this loss isn’t on him,not tryin to point fingers but if we need to improve we need to get rid of contracts like his

Myers was really noticable tonight because he was attempting to skate the puck out and make plays tonight and he's probably too big to be good at that. 

Cole  Myers likely not be a good pairing if Myers has to be the puck mover.    

• Cheers 1

Just now, Future Considerations said:

Myers was really noticable tonight because he was attempting to skate the puck out and make plays tonight and he's probably too big to be good at that. 

Cole  Myers likely not be a good pairing if Myers has to be the puck mover.    

maybe Cole needs to be the puck mover. 

55 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I just don't understand how he can continue to make mistakes and not be held accountable. We're that desperate?

He has some ok moments, but that's not good enough. There are far too many boneheaded decisions that put us behind the play (or completely out of it).

I'm done with him.

He ruined your birthday. Ty’s gotta go 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They need to find a partner for Hughes so Hronek can play with Cole. That’s how you fix this. Myers can’t play in the top 4. 

He’s playing with an AHL Dman which doesn’t help. 

Maybe he's just not very good.  Myers looked good playing with cole

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

maybe Cole needs to be the puck mover. 

Cole  > Schenn and a better contract. Canucks should play Cole with Hughes.  

Hughes   Cole
Soucy  Hronek
Hirose  Myers

Primary puck mover and primary defender on each pairing.  Soucy seems to need the help, hopefully he improves.  Canucks need a new and young player to emerge and that player could likely be Hirose.  It should be made clear to Myers that his primary role is to defend.  

The coaching staff has this team becoming good checkers, but they are getting too much practice at it.  Check to retrieve the puck and then attempt to keep the puck and make plays.   

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Soucy was fine last year. It’s the players around him who are the problem. 

I disagree.  Of the starting d corp, he looked, by far, the worst in pre-season.  He did nothing to dispell that tonight.

Myers looked solid in the two games against the Oilers.  Put him back with Cole and he'll be fine.