Bag skating and hard practices

Blue

To your point @BlueRT talked about the guys having "plane legs". To me this sounds like a coach who has a good pulse on his team.

Pretty sure you jumped the gun complaining about an imaginary "bag skate" that never happened. A tough practice is not the same as bag skating a team. 

The players respect RT and does what he tells them to do. Even when he doesn't say things anymore, RT has even acknowledged that the players take care of it themselves. 

To me, it sounds like RT is pushing the right buttons. It seems silly to be second guessing what he is doing. 

• Cheers 1

On 10/19/2023 at 4:34 AM, wai_lai416 said:

bag skates are fine.. but he should pick and choose when to do them.. especially not with a game the next day. if he did it with a day rest in between before the game.. probably no big deal. pro athlete or not.. your body needs time to rest and heal.. there's reason why teams usually looks more tired on the 2nd of back to backs.. having them skate/practice or whatever to the point of exhaustion to get your point across and then have a game the next day pretty much equates to having a back to back game imo. whatever.. i dont think RT last long here in vancouver whether he's a good coach or not.. i'm guessing he'll last till the end of his contract..  it's a fact that most of these tough attitude coaches don't last in this league whether they are right or wrong unless they have some amazing success. i view him in the same category as sutter torts etc in terms of attitude and being hard on the players trying to hold them accountable etc.. minus the success.

Isn’t Torts a guy that gets aggregated? 
And Sutter doesn’t command the same respect as Tocchet does so I think you got it wrong regarding him.

He seems to get close to players and get their respect in a way that I haven’t heard of regarding Sutter or Torts.

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

To your point @BlueRT talked about the guys having "plane legs". To me this sounds like a coach who has a good pulse on his team.

Pretty sure you jumped the gun complaining about an imaginary "bag skate" that never happened. A tough practice is not the same as bag skating a team. 

The players respect RT and does what he tells them to do. Even when he doesn't say things anymore, RT has even acknowledged that the players take care of it themselves. 

To me, it sounds like RT is pushing the right buttons. It seems silly to be second guessing what he is doing. 

Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about. RT does indeed seem to have the pulse of the team better with his 50 years of experience than Blue and his internet connection.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Obviously he didn't know what he was talking about. RT does indeed seem to have the pulse of the team better with his 50 years of experience than Blue and his internet connection.

The thread was started right after the Philly loss and after he went all Torts on the team. 

It is all different since then clearly. And Tocc has shown that he's not an arrogant ignorant prick like Torts or Sutter