Ovi watch/prediction thread.

Dumb Nuck

14 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

One day my dad woke up, went out to go to work and there were Russian tanks rolling down the street, two weeks later we were in Paris waiting to be approved to come to Canada, we lost everything except our freedom. In the years that followed I do know my parents were extremely careful in their phone conversations and mail between our family that was still back in Czechoslovakia. Neither one of us knows whats going on with Ovi and his family's safety but I know one thing, family first so I will not judge him and quite frankly do hope he makes it.

Everyone is so quick to judge, but have no idea the situation he is in.  
I really doubt his family is totally safe over there and he is obviously playing it all very cautiously.  

But hey, let’s not use any actual critical thinking.  Lol 

It much easier to just say everyone who you don’t agree with or understand is a piece of shit.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Everyone is so quick to judge, but have no idea the situation he is in.  
I really doubt his family is totally safe over there and he is obviously playing it all very cautiously.  

But hey, let’s not use any actual critical thinking.  Lol 

It much easier to just say everyone who you don’t agree with or understand is a piece of shit.  

When you act like a piece of shit, expect to be considered one.  Most other Russian players have had the decency to not publicly endorse the subhuman vermin they call a president.  Actions have consequences.

22 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

When you act like a piece of shit, expect to be considered one.  Most other Russian players have had the decency to not publicly endorse the subhuman vermin they call a president.  Actions have consequences.

This is ridiculous, There is major risk with openly calling out Putin ESPECIALLY when you have family in Russia. Without knowing all the details I'm not calling anyone out in that situation. Ridiculous this even has to be explained at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That’s your opinion.  
If you had someone like Putin threatening you and your family if you spoke out, you wouldn’t say shit either. 
Your threat of consequences is nothing compared to what Putin would do.  
Im sure OV doesn’t give a shit if some folks don’t like him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

This is ridiculous, There is major risk with openly calling out Putin ESPECIALLY when you have family in Russia. Without knowing all the details I'm not calling anyone out in that situation. Ridiculous this even has to be explained at this point. 

No one is calling for him to call him out, just for him to not openly support him either.  Numerous Russian NHLers have shown they can do this; why can't this orc?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

No one is calling for him to call him out, just for him to not openly support him either.  Numerous Russian NHLers have shown they can do this; why can't this orc?

Because not everyone is in the same situation.  
Are you really that daft?

The guy said he doesn’t support the war.  
Everything else is assumptions.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, King Heffy said:

Since the war started, all that he has said is that he's not in favour of the war. 

You have some weird hate boner on for him. 

• Cheers 2

On 11/9/2023 at 9:40 AM, King Heffy said:

Not only doesn't condemn it but openly supports Putin.  Frankly, he should be deported.

I feel like Ovi is like Scientology's version of Tom Cruise...Ovi was very young when Putin started using him as a poster boy...can only imagine the exposure Ovi's family has to Putin over the years...like Tom, just can't leave anymore. You're so entangled you're trapped.

I just look at the Panarin situation a few years ago where he went against his government...all the sudden has to fly home for "personal" reasons...and to this day no one knows what happened to Panarin and his family situation over there...but he did shut up after that...that says a lot in my mind. Ovi is no different, he's deep in it and has no where to go. How could he do anything but support Putin without fearing the backlash of what may happen.

@Dumb Nuck says it best, we have no idea what Ovi's family situation is over there.  

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How many more empty net goals will he get in order to secure the record?  I say he gets at least another 20 empty net goals.  What's the over/under on 20?

I wouldn’t be surprised, he will be put in in favourable situations. He has played 127 less games than Gretzky so far and his goals per game is slightly higher. He may become the greatest goal scorer but Gretzky will still be the greatest player…so far.

• Cheers 2

Will be sad if he gets close but doesn't break it, I could see him eventually get 20 goals this year, maybe 20 next year but then not much more than that. If he's scoring under 20 goals in a season it's time to retire. I guess they could keep him around as a 3rd or 4th liner and he could just go throw the body a bit? If Ovi's out there scoring 10 goals a season as a 4th liner it's a sad way to retire.

The Sedins went out at a good time, they were essentially our 2nd liners but I don't think they wanted to be playing as 4th liners.

He's off to a slower start but I dunno if there's cause for concern yet, it's not as if he's not producing. He's up to four goals but he's also sitting at eleven points in thirteen games, he is involved in the Caps offense and leads them in points.

Caps are 31st in goals and 24th in shots on goal, their powerplay also sits at 30th, gotta thing those numbers will fluctuate at some point which should result in more offense. It's not just an Ovechkin thing, it's a teamwide thing. It's actually impressive that Washington has a 7-4-2 record given how little they've scored as a group. Their team shooting percentage sits at 7.9%, which is tied for 29th in the league. Simply put, if the Caps start getting more shots on net they'll likely begin scoring more, their shooting percentage and powerplay would likely improve if they shot more. 

Edited by Coconuts

• 3 weeks later...