Ovi watch/prediction thread.

Dumb Nuck

if he can get it to 45 it's realistic he'll break it in 2 years.. otherwise prolly need 3 years as he crawls to the finish.. considering jagr manage to put 27 at age 43?? ovechkin will definitely reach it

Posted (edited)

Looked to me like Ovi scored but they gave it to McMichael, we’ll see if it gets changed.

*****It was changed as I was typing.

Ovi is on fire

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Like 1

Better yet, Washington is in a legit spot to make the playoffs too!

Exciting to see the turnaround from him.

In my opinion, OV is the greatest goal scorer in NHL history.  What sets him apart is the longevity of his goal scoring ability.  He's doing things at 38yo that guys 10 years younger would hope to do on a regular basis.

This is also why I don't think Matthews will be in this discussion.  He has only played one complete season his entire career so far. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If not for his uncharacteristically slow first half he'd probably be on pace for 50 again

Continues to change his game.  I think most of his goals against us were in front of the net.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

In my opinion, OV is the greatest goal scorer in NHL history.  What sets him apart is the longevity of his goal scoring ability.  He's doing things at 38yo that guys 10 years younger would hope to do on a regular basis.

This is also why I don't think Matthews will be in this discussion.  He has only played one complete season his entire career so far. 

And even at 38, he's accomplishing it despite other teams having an idea of how he'll do it 

Folks joke about his shooting spots but he's continued to put goals in throughout his career despite other teams having plenty of tape to watch

He's been remarkably durable too, that's tough to replicate over nearly two decades 

• Cheers 1