Ovi watch/prediction thread.

Dumb Nuck

33 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Continues to change his game.  I think most of his goals against us were in front of the net.

For real

It's not just that he's naturally gifted and an absurd physical speciman, he's an extremely smart player on top of that 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Hope he plays the next two years and breaks the record.

He 100% ain’t retiring till he gets the record. The guy loves scoring.. like at his goal celebrations he’s celebrating like he was when he first entered the league. He genuinely love scoring. Won every single winnable trophy that he can win except the selke and lady byng 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/22/2023 at 10:19 AM, Sp3nny said:

Over/under 30 goals for Ovi. Who’s taking what? I’m in the over camp. Anyone saying his shot is done, your shot is about the one thing you almost never lose. Al Maccinis just blasted 100.4mph at 56 yrs old when the Blues brought him out at the all star game in 2020. You can lose accuracy which will hurt, but Ovi has always been a volume shooter with the power to go through goalies.

He just went through the longest goal slump of his career, and his shooting % is way below average. People thought he was done the yr he scored 35 too. All this means is he only has regression to the averages in store, which means more goals in store. 

Has he lost a step and can’t get to scoring positions? I think so. And the Caps are also the worst they have been in a long time, without a proper playmaker to get him the puck as consistently. But as we have seen time and again, he can stand still in his spot on the PP and score 30 quite easily.

I still think he gets the record.

Feel pretty good about calling this a while back.

• Cheers 3