[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

6 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Oh, how I pine for the day we finally get Pettersson decent wingers.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzmenko; just too fluffy and confused for me.

Don't even mention Garland or Beauvillier; puh-leez.

EP40 is one of the best centers in the league and we saddle him with rejects.

Sheesh!

Everybody concerned with who's gonna play with Hughes; WTF?

Wake up mngt!  We are wasting Petey's time.

Crosby played with tons of rejects and upped their games throughout his career. No excuses for Pettersson imo

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Oh, how I pine for the day we finally get Pettersson decent wingers.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzmenko; just too fluffy and confused for me.

Don't even mention Garland or Beauvillier; puh-leez.

EP40 is one of the best centers in the league and we saddle him with rejects.

Sheesh!

Everybody concerned with who's gonna play with Hughes; WTF?

Wake up mngt!  We are wasting Petey's time.

I like Kuz a lot but I fear he wont excel under a dude like Tocchet. I could see him annoying the coach with his happiness.

Then again, I'm not sure EP is best coached by Rick either. EP seems hard enough on himself, he doesn't need a stick....more of a carrot person. 

Moral of my story....I'm looking at you Rick...pressure is on. 

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mikheyev is coming back.  He is a perfect winger for Petey.  And Kuzmenko is a pure goal scorer which Petey needs.  That line will be fine.  Same with the 4th line.  Joshua/Blueger/Lafferty.  Once that 4th line comes together, it will also be fine.  The problem is the middle of the lineup.  Too many soft one way players.  Other than Miller and maybe Suter, the rest are one-dimensional players.  Not Tocchet type players at all.  

More trades need to be made.  Beauvillier and Garland definitely have to go.  $9.1 million between them.  That is almost criminal.  What a waste of cap space...

Yeah I was hoping to see Beau moved first as his contact is expiring, package a pick with him and get it done

CANUCKS @ LIGHTNING

TV: Sportsnet 360

Radio: Sportsnet 650

MATCH-UP INFO

• Tonight marks the first of two meetings between the Canucks and Lightning this season: Oct. 19 (road), Dec. 12 (home).
  • Vancouver is 20-17-2-2 all-time against Tampa Bay, including a 10-11-0-0 record on the road.
  • The Canucks are 2-8-0 in their last 10 games against the Lightning.
  • Among active skaters, J.T. Miller (4-7-11, 16GP) leads the team in career scoring vs Tampa Bay.
  • Thatcher Demko has a 3.46 GAA and .881 SV% in three career games against the Lightning.
  • Casey DeSmith has a 4.05 GAA and .873 SV% all time against Tampa Bay.

QUICK NUMBERS

• Brock Boeser has posted five points (4-1-5) in his last three games.
  • Elias Pettersson has six points (1-5-6) in his last three games.
  • J.T. Miller has four points (1-3-4) in his last three games.
  • Nils Hoglander has three points (1-2-3) in his last three games.
  • Thatcher Demko posted a .953 SV% and has a 1.70 GAA in his last two games (1-1-0).

LAST MEETING – JAN. 18/23: VAN 2 vs TBL 5

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because of Myers Modified NTC. We can't even send him to the minors correct? Maybe staple him to the press box for 3-4 games. Send a message to him.

I'm no cap expert but pretty sure he could be sent down. He's got a 10 team veto not an NMC.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I predict Lafferty has a banger of a game and JT scores 2. 

Other than Demko, Lafferty was the only bright spot for me last game but if we'd kept that 5th and been lucky we could have had a servicable bottom six player by the end of the decade. Fire PA!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

These east coast swings are always killer.

Historically, they are having rough time when going to East swing.  We need to figure a way to reverse this.  What even more interesting is that the Eastern teams going on West coast swing having an easier time going their way than us.  No win-win situation.

Edited by coolboarder

25 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Historically, they are having rough time when going to East swing.  We need to figure a way to reverse this.  What even more interesting is that the Eastern teams going on West coast swing having an easier time going their way than us.  No win-win situation.

Simple fix…reverse the earths rotation. You can thank me later.