[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

13 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

All good points. 

Thanks,i do appreciate the offer but unless I can pay with counterfeit money then I won’t be buying!ha ha😀I do agree with tas! I also can’t justify the purchase to my wife.it’s like trying to explain to her that the dishes and dinner weren’t done before she got home because I spent all day organizing my C.A.M.P on fallout 76.just not gonna fly!thanks again though!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Except Beauvillier is already expiring this year. We're going to need Garland's money if we want to be able to improve the team in a more meaningful way. Petterson and Hronek will already eat up Beauvillier's money.

Myers comes off too. That's a big chunk.

44 minutes ago, tas said:

because it's intellectual copyright theft. furthermore, proceeds from the sale of canucks special theme jerseys go to various associated charities; proceeds from knockoffs go to scumbag criminal counterfeiters. 

edit: the stuff at Canadian Tire is authentic, deb, in that the producers pay a licensing fee to use the branding. not the same as counterfeit jerseys from offshore. 

OK, makes sense. Yes, I do agree with this.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

nope only option is burying him in the minors.. we shoulda gotten way more from islanders for this 1 year cap dump.. it woudl have cost like a 1st for a team to dump 1 year of 4+mil

Beau is not a Cap dump. He showed he can play in the top 6. Even on the 3rd line, the guy is fine at that salary. 

You know what is not fine? Myers paid as top 4 when he shouldn’t even be on the roster. 

Beau is the least of our concerns.

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Question.  Do you think Tocchet's "who are we to think we're anything?" were low-key aimed at Petey?  Was Petey caught admiring his recognition from the NHL?  

No. Whatever on earth would give you that idea? Note that the key words "we" and "we're" are used to indicate a collective, not an individual. You are seeing things that aren't there. 

4 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

No. Whatever on earth would give you that idea? Note that the key words "we" and "we're" are used to indicate a collective, not an individual. You are seeing things that aren't there. 

Of course he'd say we, he's not going to single Petey out that would be stupid.  But low-key I think it was a whisper in Petey's ears not to get satisfied.  Maybe in just galaxy braining this but I am wondering.

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Pure961089

4 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Myers comes off too. That's a big chunk.

Yup, gotta replace him, and bring in another RD on top of that, maybe another LD for Cole, plus we need upgrades up front. We'll be fighting a losing battle as long as we're carrying an extra $5 million dollar spare part.

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, gotta replace him, and bring in another RD on top of that, maybe another LD for Cole, plus we need upgrades up front. We'll be fighting a losing battle as long as we're carrying an extra $5 million dollar spare part.

I imagine most of his money will be going to EP's extension (at least 3-4 million of it). 

The rest can be used to grab a #5 dman maybe to replace him. I also think they will offer Cole another deal. Maybe the same thing or slightly cheaper for 2 years. 

17 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Question.  Do you think Tocchet's "who are we to think we're anything?" were low-key aimed at Petey?  Was Petey caught admiring his recognition from the NHL?  

Will be interesting to see if this shows up in the media tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

nope only option is burying him in the minors.. we shoulda gotten way more from islanders for this 1 year cap dump.. it woudl have cost like a 1st for a team to dump 1 year of 4+mil

I liked him last year, and I thought he was found money. I don't want to get into the Bo, should of, shouldn't of though. We don't know what was offered, or may have been. Other than speculation. 

20 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Interesting. It was a very ordinary game by EP's standards. 

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

If nothing else, I want to see us score some goals. Getting shutout is such a drag.

What a drag it is getting old

"Kids are different today"
I hear every mother say
Mother needs something today
To calm her down
And though she's not really ill
There's a little yellow pill

She goes running for the shelter
Of her mother's little helper
And it helps her on her way
Gets her through her busy day

Yes, I want to see us score like 7 goals.  Make up for that last game.