[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Exactly.  Tie Domi was even smaller than Rypien.  Took on the toughest guys in the league including Bob Probert multiple times.  Rypien was a boxer, he knew how to get inside and he also was good at switching hands. One of the best. RIP…

Domi was 5'8" 213 while Rypien was 5'11" 194

Domi was built like a fire hydrant.  Very strong

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

No to Cooke. He was a turtle. 

Still remember a game where Cooke wouldn’t answer for a dirty hit he threw and his teammates (including Linden) ended up having to have a line brawl , Cooke was sitting on the bench and the coach was looking at him disgusted

• Sad 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I still say this team is made up of incompatible players.   

Either way Pettey leaving May not be the worst thing. Just look at Buffalo.

They finally turned it around once they got rid of Eichel. 

Edited by 24K
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

You really think Deslsuriers could catch Petey or is agile enough to get a good piece of him?  

Fighting does not, nor has it ever stopped players from doing that anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good scrap and I've been in many many of them, but they don't really have any deterrent effect

I don't think it would deter 100% of the hits, but the opposition would know in the back of their mind that if they start running around too much, they'd have to potentially get their face rearranged by someone. 

Deslauriers was laughing after running Petey over. Tough guys have often talked about looking at the other roster before the game and making a point to take runs at their stars if they don't dress any tough guys. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, brilac said:

My goodness! I just got back from Whole Foods and the other team is ahead! What's up with that? 

Jekyll and Hyde team. Up 1, and now down 1. 

We're either going to push, or this game is going to finish 4-2, Tampa's favour. 

And then al of a sudden, we're 2-2 on the season, and still have Florida and Nashville to go. Could very well end this road trip 2-4 when we get home. Is that a "good" start to the season? I guess it could be worse, we could be 1-6. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't disagree there, but they don't need a "fighter" and any grit coming in still has to be a good enough player to play a regular shift

I don't agree.

A fight can change the face of a game.

Or at least some physicality and some good hard slams into the boards. Letting teams run around like we just saw just gives them momentum.

• Vintage 1