[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

No pushback, fans complain. 

Pushback but lose the fight, fans complain. 

Pushback?  There was no push to begin with.........he was looking for the fight, it was the Lightning player answering the bell and giving the pushback.  

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Intensely physical sport at high speed. I’d say it’s a better aggression outlet than players resorting to stick involved violence. And hopefully you don’t try ad argue that violence isn’t part of this sport…it is to a varying degree on almost every shift.

image.gif.e782b1c75b5ed24f79ac1991c1032faf.gif

Remember that got beat up and that's how he responded 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Not worth wasting a roster spot on though.  If you've got a guy who can play effective mins and throw them once in awhile, great.  There are very few of those guys out there.  Teams can't afford to have passengers on the bench anymore

They are called unicorns for a reason.  We need to get tougher. Till we find a unicorn, claim Zack I say.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

And how is fighting going to change that, exactly?

Opponents will take liberties with the Canucks and have been for years because they feel they can get away with it. Guess what? They’re right. We don’t have enough willing combatants and the one we have was terrible mismatched.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

Opponents will take liberties with the Canucks and have been for years because they feel they can get away with it. Guess what? They’re right. We don’t have enough willing combatants and the one we have was terrible mismatched.

Then get a dedicated hitter like Torres or Cooke. 

Just now, AatuD2 said:

So get used to seeing guys like Deslauriers taking runs at Petey and Quinn. 

You really think Deslsuriers could catch Petey or is agile enough to get a good piece of him?  

Fighting does not, nor has it ever stopped players from doing that anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good scrap and I've been in many many of them, but they don't really have any deterrent effect

• Cheers 1