[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Should have cleaned house in 2012.

Yep. Should have stockpiled on draft picks back then. Still no gaurantee that we'd be farther along, but it would've been fun to have seen some of the youth take over, and progress (or bust). At least we could have talked about the future, rather than wait for it to come (has it, even now?). 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Upside: even if we take the L on this one, the team is playing .500 hockey after 4 games, AND if we manage to eek out a win, which is entirely possible, the team is playing .750 hockey. It is early in the year and I think we have a chance 'in da turd'.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TetrisBloctT said:

Filip Hronek Is a plug, that’s why stevie didn’t want him

I hope that isn't the case after wasting a very high 1st AND a 2nd Rd draft picks in a very deep generational draft year - on him.   

Still giving him time to prove otherwise - to be fair.

• Like 1

Just now, 112 said:

Jet Black Jim is among the best GMs we've ever had if you're asking CDC before he was fired.

Unfortunately hindsight is 20/20. Benning was bad from the start. He just got worse as time went on. 

If this team doesn't make the playoffs, we could lose Petey. If we lose Petey, the organization has to rebuild. We couldn't get a player of his ilk back in a trade. If management refuses to rebuild then, it's just what we have now, but for the next 5-10 years. It's basically mediocrity without winning anything. Ever

Oh wait. 

That's the current state of this franchise as it is. 

Star Trek Reaction GIF

Just now, Optimist Prime said:

Upside: even if we take the L on this one, the team is playing .500 hockey after 4 games, AND if we manage to eek out a win, which is entirely possible, the team is playing .750 hockey. It is early in the year and I think we have a chance 'in da turd'.

there’s eight sets of 10 games, you can have one bad set but the rest has to be 70-80% win rate. 

2 minutes ago, 112 said:

Jet Black Jim is among the best GMs we've ever had if you're asking CDC before he was fired.

Don't blame this on past management or coaches.  This group had many chances to completely change this team and they didn't.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 24K said:

Either way Pettey leaving May not be the worst thing. Just look at Buffalo.

They finally turned it around once they got rid of Eichel. 

Something tells me he's going to pack it in on the Canucks if me miss the playoffs this year.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

If that were the case, there'd have been no cheapshots in the 70's and 80's.........which was the roughest, dirtiest era of the NHL.  

Well the league has done their best to clean up the game. 

I do think that fighting will one day disappear from the league as we already see it banned in certain junior leagues. 

It will also coincide with a downfall in popularity for hockey, as the physical aspect of it is as big of an attraction as anything for a lot of fans. 

Nothing gets people as interested and invested in their teams as a good old physical rivalry with a cheap shot or two thrown in there. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I guess the big question is what we are seeing giving you confidence to spend money on this team?

It's hard man. I love this team, I want them to do well. They just continually fuck the bed. 

Three different head coaches, one of them with one of the winningiest coaches in the NHL (Boudreau), and they're still bad. Either our players are dumb as shit, or these coaches were bad as hell.