[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Upside: even if we take the L on this one, the team is playing .500 hockey after 4 games, AND if we manage to eek out a win, which is entirely possible, the team is playing .750 hockey. It is early in the year and I think we have a chance 'in da turd'.

image.jpeg.1c74fff8c3f6e0fca594cb6d596a4da0.jpeg

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yep. Should have stockpiled on draft picks back then. Still no gaurantee that we'd be farther along, but it would've been fun to have seen some of the youth take over, and progress (or bust). At least we could have talked about the future, rather than wait for it to come (has it, even now?). 

This has to be the most generic night of doom ever. As if we haven't heard this one about 500 times a year for over a decade...:hurhur:

• Cheers 1

Pettersson is a bit injured that’s why he has slowed down in his offence. 

how the heck does John Tortorella change how his team plays within 2 seasons while we’re stuck with a structureless, soft team after a brigade of coaching changes. It’s like nothing can get through them to just play sound defence or sustain offensive pressure. 

Just now, Blueorgreen said:

there’s eight sets of 10 games, you can have one bad set but the rest has to be 70-80% win rate. 

I like how you think! I have always looked at the first 20, the next 20, the other side of half 20 and the final 20 ~with two throw aways, lol. This one isn't a throw away and the last one a 2-0 loss isn't even a throw away. 

I will actually look at it more in groups of ten going forward, i dig that. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The man handling had more to do with the fact that Friedman doesn’t know how to fight.  If that was Rick Rypien who was 5’11” 190, Jeannot would have been covering up…

I love Ryp but Jeannot is much bigger then that outdated 6'2 205 measurement you pulled up.  

Look at his fight with Luke Schenn last year. They were standing eye to eye and evenly matched strength wise. 

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I hope that isn't the case after wasting a very high 1st AND a 2nd Rd draft picks in a very deep generational draft year - on him.   

Still giving him time to prove otherwise - to be fair.

Not only can you not count... Your hedging your bets with that troll?  RU SERIOUS?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Lol no... 20 to 31 is not 50%.  Still not ideal though.  We won't win regularly this way.

According to the"Old" math, 50% of 20 is 10 so 31 is 50+ % more than 20.    Not sure how math is calculated on your phone nowadays but that's how we used to do it.

23 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Say what u want about Friedman, but atleast he's willing. 

Too many times in the past we've seen guys look away when someone is taking liberties with our player.

Totally. That's why it's a shame Schenn still isn't here. I'd dump Myers in a heartbeat for that to happen. 

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Blue said:

This has to be the most generic night of doom ever. As if we haven't heard this one about 500 times a year for over a decade...:hurhur:

The team's gotta give us something "positive" to talk about. And no, I am not Shatiar Shah. lol

2 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

Well the league has done their best to clean up the game. 

I do think that fighting will one day disappear from the league as we already see it banned in certain junior leagues. 

It will also coincide with a downfall in popularity for hockey, as the physical aspect of it is as big of an attraction as anything for a lot of fans. 

Nothing gets people as interested and invested in their teams as a good old physical rivalry with a cheap shot or two thrown in there. 

It already has.  Fighting is a thing of the past.  Whether we agree with it is irrelevant, it's the reality of the modern NHL

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Could be worse for the organization, Jets had only 11000 fans at there last game, 4000 empty seats..

If this continues, we can easily break that record. Heck we will add a few jerseys on the ice for free. 

• Huggy Bear 1