[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

Just now, Barn Burner said:

Totally. That's why it's a shame Schenn still isn't here. I'd dump Myers in a heartbeat for that to happen. 

Me too, me too...  

I was thinking about this, are there any heavyweight fighters who also play right defense besides Gudbranson. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

The team's gotta give us something "positive" to talk about. And no, I am not Shatiar Shah. lol

At least show some mental toughness.  They talk a good game but have never ever backed it up. That's why it's like ya ya whenever they speak.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Given that Beau and Myers cap hits will be gone next season, that’s just over 10M in Cap. Add another 4M to the rising Cap, that equals to around 14M. 

Raises to Petey 3M and Hronek 2M will leave us about 9M to fill out a third liner and another to 4D. Very doable.

Subtract 2.2M for OELs increased buyout penalty and Petey's raise might be closer to 3.5M extra. Now there's only 6M left.

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

You really think Deslsuriers could catch Petey or is agile enough to get a good piece of him?  

Fighting does not, nor has it ever stopped players from doing that anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good scrap and I've been in many many of them, but they don't really have any deterrent effect

Yeah, they actually do. Because if you don't have someone to step up to the plate, there's going to be guys knowingly, running rampant over our guys, without any repercussions. 

Just now, stawns said:

It already has.  Fighting is a thing of the past.  Whether we agree with it is irrelevant, it's the reality of the modern NHL

But we just watched a fight... 

Then Noah Juulsen threw pillow punches in the last game. 

Joshua fought against the Oilers. 

Fighting is not a thing of the past as much as the progressive fans would like it to be. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

At least show some mental toughness.  They talk a good game but have never ever backed it up. That's why it's like ya ya whatever when they speak.

tosser.gif

Edited by Blue
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AatuD2 said:

I love Ryp but Jeannot is much bigger then that outdated 6'2 205 measurement you pulled up.  

Look at his fight with Luke Schenn last year. They were standing eye to eye and evenly matched strength wise. 

He's listed at 6'2  220 lbs on TBL website. He's a big boy. 35lbs 3inches difference.  He might even be taller than 6'2. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bane said:

Pettersson is a bit injured that’s why he has slowed down in his offence. 

how the heck does John Tortorella change how his team plays within 2 seasons while we’re stuck with a structureless, soft team after a brigade of coaching changes. It’s like nothing can get through them to just play sound defence or sustain offensive pressure. 

ABC...(i)...Always be Draftin Iginla's.

hehehe. There just arent enough high skilled guys who are super tough in any given draft year. Lekkerimaki seems to have some toughness to him, good bounce back last year and starting this one with 6 goals in 11 games in the SHL so far this year....he is a few years out though.

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This team just doesn’t look like it’s built right to play Tocchet hockey. 

This looks more like a run and gun Boudreau team. Gotta admit, those were some fun games when they were able to pull it off. 

Those games were fun if you like losing.