[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I love Ryp but Jeannot is much bigger then that outdated 6'2 205 measurement you pulled up.  

Look at his fight with Luke Schenn last year. They were standing eye to eye and evenly matched strength wise. 

Rypien fought guys that were 6’7”.  Watch this fight between Rypien at 5’11” and Hal Gill at 6’7” and tell me if it looked in any way like the fight you saw tonight.  Rypien literally won the fight and got 3-4 clean shots in.  I’ll take a 5’11” boxer over a guy who is just big and strong any day…

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

It already has.  Fighting is a thing of the past.  Whether we agree with it is irrelevant, it's the reality of the modern NHL

This is the Canucks 4th game they've already had 3 fights.

It's still alive and well in the game. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, AatuD2 said:

But we just watched a fight... 

Then Noah Juulsen threw pillow punches in the last game. 

Joshua fought against the Oilers. 

Fighting is not a thing of the past as much as the progressive fans would like it to be. 

You will not see fighters that can't play hockey no longer on the roster.  You'll only see fighter that can play hockey, for example, Reeves.   Fighting will always be there until NHL decide to ban fighting if they decide to allow for penalty review on any incidents even if they missed. Quebec league has decide to ban fighting and it is just a start.

1 minute ago, AatuD2 said:

Garland is having a great game. Carrying Peteys line. 

I honestly don't know why he would want out, to be honest... I don't see him on the top line with any other club.

just thought maybe its a "I don't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!" i think that is an old Rodney Dangerfield line.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yet, there’s still fighting every season. Hmmmmm…..

And it’s still part of the rule book in terms of acceptable penalties. Go figure.

@stawns is right in that it’s likely in its twilight, but until then you still have to factor it in as part of the current game and climate. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1