[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, stawns said:

And none of those fights had any impact on the games in any way, shape or form

This isn’t EA sports where you see a bonus boost or drop to your lines. Unless you’re on the bench with the team, you have no idea how it factors in to the game. We watch it, they play it, and the game being played on their level is not the same game we are necessarily privy to. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Snoop Hogg said:

No one is safe. Trade them all. We have to start over. This team is allergic to winning.

They had their chance to do that and blew it.  Now it likely means losing Petey and 7 years of an aging Miller

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rypien fought guys that were 6’7”.  Watch this fight between Rypien at 5’11” and Hal Gill at 6’7” and tell me if it looked in any way like the fight you saw tonight.  Rypien literally won the fight and got 3-4 clean shots in.  I’ll take a 5’11” boxer over a guy who is just big and strong any day…

I remember that fight well, but Hal Gill was not a fighter. 

Anyways I'd love it if we had Ryp on the team. It would solve some of the issues we have. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This is the Canucks 4th game they've already had 3 fights.

It's still alive and well in the game. 

Total sideshow though. Accomplishes nothing really.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So fighting still occurs with every team, with one team having 37 fights, yet it’s a non factor. Sure.

I would say it's pretty well a non factor too. Certainly doesn't have the influence it did back in the 70's and 80's.

• Cheers 1

The only reason why Myers is not benched is because we have no other choice.

I cannot emphasize how important it is to draft and develop our own defensemen. I'm glad we're on the path to doing that, but unfortunately we might have to suffer another season of this if we continue to have to play Myers regularly.