[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Total sideshow though. Accomplishes nothing really.

I would say it's pretty well a non factor too. Certainly doesn't have the influence it did back in the 70's and 80's.

Even then, the effect it had was a total myth........and I loved fighting

Just now, farinush said:

Myers is an inspiration for all of us. If he can make $6 million per year doing this, the sky is the limit for the rest of us

He should stick to the BC LOttery Corporation motto...."know your limit, play within it"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

If you've got a guy who can play a regular shift and fight, I agree completely.  But you can't waste a roster spit because a guy can fight 

Having Reavrs is a total waste of a spot for the Leafs 

I agree with the first part.

The second part, well Reaves has provided a major boost of coriswmce

and swagger to that team. He’s also a defense mechanism to protect their bevy of high end talent. Why do you think he was sought out by TO to begin with. Same with TBert and Domi…because of attitude and edge. That’s what you’re getting with Reaves and pretty much the epitome of toughness in the NHL right now (hate to say it but true)

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They had their chance to do that and blew it.  Now it likely means losing Petey and 7 years of an aging Miller

Miller's been playing pretty well, if Petey decides he doesn't want to stick around we can probably still trade Miller (just won't be the kind of return he might have gotten 2 summers ago).

16 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

No. 

It's true that Gillis wanted to rebuild after 2012.  Apparently he had a list of trades lined up for that summer as well but the only one that he made was Schneider for the 9th OA (Horvat).  Gillis said that in an interview years later

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Wing said:

The only reason why Myers is not benched is because we have no other choice.

I cannot emphasize how important it is to draft and develop our own defensemen. I'm glad we're on the path to doing that, but unfortunately we might have to suffer another season of this if we continue to have to play Myers regularly.

sure we do, bring in hirose and bench myers ...hirose 100% better than that giraffee

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Tampa just scored 3 straight goals after Fried decided to act like a punching bag for no apparent reason. 

Depends on you perspective I guess. Maybe Tampa got a bolt of energy from that or maybe nothing happened.

We came out pretty flat. The first looked like our game against Philly. I was gassing up Friedman despite the misjudged effort, but it certainly didn’t give us any sort of spark you might hope for. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm a piss poor loser fan. I hate losing, it just stresses me out.

LET'S GO CANUCKS. 

Too up and down being a Canucks fan… we had like 2 minutes of happiness , then stress stress stress 

Just now, RWJC said:

I agree with the first part.

The second part, well Reaves has provided a major boost of coriswmce

and swagger to that team. He’s also a defense mechanism to protect their bevy of high end talent. Why do you think he was sought out by TO to begin with. Same with TBert and Domi…because of attitude and edge. That’s what you’re getting with Reaves and pretty much the epitome of toughness in the NHL right now (hate to say it but true)

He's done nothing for that team, other than take a spot from a better player.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Total sideshow though. Accomplishes nothing really.

I would say it's pretty well a non factor too. Certainly doesn't have the influence it did back in the 70's and 80's.

I’m at the point of seeing it not as a non factor now, but slowly getting there. 

1 minute ago, rychicken said:

Just log on and this is the first post I see.....

So, how's the game going? lol

Myers thought that because Bruce like WWE stuff, he would try to pin his team mate while the opponents were in our zone...no three count, but it was a slow count for sure. Meanwhile TBL scored while 40% of our guys were tryin to make a baby on the right face off dot.