[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I feel like Quinn and JT are really battling hard for this....wish they'd get rewarded.

Demko too of course.

DAMN RIGHT....LET'S HAVE ANOTHER!!!

(back to stand in front of my TV and will a goal in their net)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Agreed that it has gotten worse from our amazing start. But I gotta disagree - I think this iteration of our team has what it takes to make the playoffs. And a foot in the door is all it takes. Not saying we’ll be amazing, but I think these early ups and downs will help Tocchet and Co pinpoint our failures and I think our guys are more receptive and “buying in” than years past. Just hope that it’s enough to punch our ticket.

I want to believe that, but it’s the same thing over and over with this group no matter who the coach is. Like I said earlier, Scotty Bowman couldn’t coach them to the playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What is it with the Nux though?

Just a real lack of confidence?

Despite all the systems work they seem very scrambled at times so far this season already. I know it’s early but what’s the consensus?

The viaduct. Bad fengshui.

We ain't going anywhere until that abomination is tore down. 

😝

• Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

They should have made 2-3 big moves when the opportunity was there.  They could have completely changed the makeup of this team, even if it meant moving the target a season or two down the road.  

Now, this is it, this is the team.for the forseeable future......and Benning isn't on the hook for that.

Trading the Captain and acquiring Hronek weren’t big moves? 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

This is a shit take bruv. They're playing like dog shit. Why would you suffer through to prove your fandom? 

And you wonder why Aquillini chose to "stay competitive" during the entire rebuild. You just summed it up beautifully.

Vancouver has a large bandwagon fanbase. And they don't watch when they aren't winning. Case in point.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I don't think myers is ready anymore but yet we still see him out there sucking

I agree that Myers sucks but playing guys in the bigs before they are ready does them no good.  That's why Allvin went out and got a better D.

FWIW, I'm not exactly wild about what I've seen from Friedman tonight.  He's been ok.  But he has been better than Juulsen

Just now, Canuckle said:

And you wonder why Aquillini chose to "stay competitive" during the entire rebuild. You just summed it up beautifully.

Vancouver has a large bandwagon fanbase. And they don't watch when they aren't winning. Case in point.

Now he don't have bandwagon fans and chipped away at the hardcore fan support. 

Brilliant strategy right there.