[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

26 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I really want the white Skate jersey back even just for one game it would be awesome

I have no Idea why they don't do at least 2 or 3 times. No biggy for the opposition to where they're home jerseys. Say Seattle, Calgary or Edmoton

just once.  Grows the game, man!

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I don't buy this, it's a shared responsibility.

There's a balance to be struck in coaching and overcoaching. I like Rick and feel he's serving this team well...but how do WE know? Every coach comes in with their own ideas and ego can factor in. "I'm going to whip these guys into shape" may be part of it, but if you deplete the reserves after illness has run through a team, that's to be considered. Yes, they're high paid athletes and conditioned to weather storms but...they're also human. And some act like they're not. 

Not sure why they looked so bad...but I don't buy in that they're just terrible or that they don't care. 

The team gets penalized when answering, and in a lopsided way it seems. I prefer them to respond, but it's a joke how things are addressed (or not) by piss poor refs. 

If you don't like excuses the coaches are not immune in that. Because if the team's not getting the message it's the job of high paid coaches to deliver it so they do.

Ok so if a coaching team sets out a plan and the team doesn't follow through with it , is it the coaches fault? Is it the coaches fault if a player put out 60% effort instead of 110% or even 100%? 

I totally agree , if the team is suffering an illness then that could explain the lack luster effort, that makes sense.

The thing that concerns me is that we seen from out last 2 coaches that they did not bring to the team what was needed to be successful, I am not seeing that with Tocchet. Just getting them to finish their checks, fight for the puck in the corners and be positionally sound is a huge improvement over past coaching styles. 

Just like an example I gave before, Petey got roughed up on the boards and that player did not have to answer to any Canuck player throughout the rest of the game. That is a concern if I am the coach or if I am Petey. 

Either you are in or you are out, is the way I see it, and we have players on this team still that simply don't fit, it is as simple as that.

Well I don’t think it will be easy to come up with a worse performance than last game, as that was one of the worst periods of hockey I have ever witnessed.  Please don’t try and show me it is possible.

That being said, we were remarkably not really out of that game right till the end.  With Demko doing Demko things and a bit better officiating, and with for the love of god just a tiny bit of effort from the team, it should at least be watchable.

Maybe Myers will redeem himself?!?!?

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

You are going to decide based on a handful of games?

Let them work out the kinks and get rolling before we deem them "good" or "bad". They're likely somewhere in between but some here wait for them to fail so that can stick.

I am sorry Deb, are we supposed to wait a certain amount of time before we can express our feelings on our team so far out of the gate? I didn't know there was such a rule, pardon me. 😄

The kinks really seemed to be worked out in that first game, do you think the effort in that game was expressed in the Philly game? 

Like I said, I don't like excuses for players , they are paid professionals who are paid to perform night in and night out.

If these ones can't , then i am sure management will find ones that will, and I think we are seeing that so far with the trades we have been seeing lately.

11 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Oh, how I pine for the day we finally get Pettersson decent wingers.

I'm not a big fan of Kuzmenko; just too fluffy and confused for me.

Don't even mention Garland or Beauvillier; puh-leez.

EP40 is one of the best centers in the league and we saddle him with rejects.

Sheesh!

Everybody concerned with who's gonna play with Hughes; WTF?

Wake up mngt!  We are wasting Petey's time.

Only on CDC can a player put in 39 goals in his Rookie season and be called a reject. 

I almost hope we lose! The comments on here are always better when we lose. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Time to strike while the prey is weak. Tampa is a team divided right now. 

Alvin should have enough time to swing a trade for Cernak with Garland and Podkolzin going the other way while he's in town. 

Would Tampa notice if Jeannot and Cernak didn’t show up to practice tomorrow and instead Garland and Myers showed up instead?  Would they be upset to the point of filing a grievance?  

Is kidnapping and extortion a violation of the CBA? 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I have no Idea why they don't do at least 2 or 3 times. No biggy for the opposition to where they're home jerseys. Say Seattle, Calgary or Edmoton

just once.  Grows the game, man!

Exactly and gets more jersey sales! Hmmm, maybe I should email the marketing team or something 

Our team will be a disaster until chaos giraffe is gone. Getting tired of this broken record. When will we finally have a coach that has the balls to sit him out games?  Come on RT….

Moving out OEL was only part of the necessary moves. Management went half assed and didn’t deal with the Myers situation. Now we are stuck with him but that doesn’t mean he has to be on the ice. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Our team will be a disaster until chaos giraffe is gone. Getting tired of this broken record. When will we finally have a coach that has the balls to sit him out games?  Come on RT….

Moving out OEL was only part of the necessary moves. Management went half assed and didn’t deal with the Myers situation. Now we are stuck with him but that doesn’t mean he has to be on the ice. 

I suspect management wants to try to deal a few players at the deadline for better assets moving forward. Sitting Myers would not help. Just need to limit his ice time on the third line.

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I think this is where we are because it became too expensive to move certain players, including Myers. 

I can only imagine what this team is going to look like once they rid themselves of JB's mistakes and bring in who they know will help the team succeed. 

We will get there. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I like Myers, seems like a nice guy and he and JT are buddies. His cutes are cute and, overall, he's probably a super good guy. 

I've supported him and it hasn't all been bad...there's so much potential there. We've seen glimpses. He could be using his size as such a deterrent (not even in relation to dropping the gloves...just in finish good checks, etc.). Clear guys from the front of our net. Use his stick/reach to intercept passes more. Etc. 

I hope he has a good game. But, in the meantime (all in good fun):

393243516_10160585985385549_132262430209

It sounds a bit like you are talking about a rookie or someone in his early 20s. But he is in the last third of his career. He should sit, the ship has sailed. He probably is a nice person but he should be held accountable

Edited by Vollmilch90
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Vollmilch90 said:

If trading Garland means we have to retain, Beau should really be the one who gets traded. The cap hit is similar and the playstyle is mostly the same. 

I think Garland having term left and Beau being up after this year, is a big part of why they wanna move Garland over Beau. Getting the cap space back the next 2 years would be helpful. 

I hope they pull off a deal, but it would suck if they have to retain a bunch on Garland and we still get nothing really back (sounding like it may look that way). 

2 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

I think Garland having term left and Beau being up after this year, is a big part of why they wanna move Garland over Beau. Getting the cap space back the next 2 years would be helpful. 

I hope they pull off a deal, but it would suck if they have to retain a bunch on Garland and we still get nothing really back (sounding like it may look that way). 

Dhali said a team asked for 1.9 retention