[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

“They’re a good team over there.”Pointing Up Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Except they are!

I have us pegged as a team that should be in the mix for a wildcard spot, there are going to be losses. Lot of season left. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Tampa is not a good team. Missing players and we still couldn't beat them. This team is so fragile.

sorry, I think you might be more fragile than this team you’re apparently a fan of. 
find some positives, comment on those, and balance out your perspective. It’s totally mentally unhealthy to show up here every GDT and vent the same hate/shit game in game out, whether they win or lose. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Canucks offense is extremely predictable. Peddle it back to the defense, do the two line pass, knife it in, chase. The defense are too far back to apply zone pressure so there's no disruption of the wingers on the offensive breakout for the opposing team. Repeat.

This is a skill team. Why are we playing such a north/south game with zero deviation? Systems only work when you have multiple systems. Ya need more than one, coach. Why are we not having set plays when the defense has all the time in the world for a controlled breakout? So disconnected. Our players are gonna be gassed by game 10 playing this stupid 1950s hockey. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

EP slacking this game. Making mad decisions, half a step behind, making bad plays.. huge regression for 0 reason wow

I really don't think he's feeling it with Garland on his line. But ya, he's off.

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

Yes please. Even for just one game. I am sure no one will pick Myer's 6M cap with the way he's playing.  If Myers continue to play like this Tocc really needs to sit him. 

Anyway overall it was a better game for us and we had a chance. JT's line looking good and Hughes trying to make things happen. Petey looks off but he still made some good defensive plays so I'll give him a pass. Kumenzko though has been mostly invisible in the 4 games so far so that's not great.

So much for that Bali training. 🤣

Just now, Crabcakes said:

Hirose is a lefty and he went back down because Soucy came back and he needs to play. 

I think the same for McWard.  Juulsen was playing because they wanted to see McWard develop.  Now, Juulsen made mistake after mistake and they needed to replace him but not at the expense of McWard's development.

This is how you build a team.  Don't play young players before they are ready.

I just think there are too many inconsistent vets on this team and the canucks keep bringing in guys who are cheap 4th liners. I'd rather try the young guys and lose, but last season was the time for that.

I just feel that tocchet doesn't trust the guys and it will quickly lead to another lost season.

14 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Don't think you can send Myers down to a clause in his contract?

No contract in the NHL prevents them from being sent down. 

Edit: this is inaccurate, No movement clauses prevent this. My bad! 

Edited by MikeyD
  • Thanks 1

Friedman needs to go back where he came from.  Awful.

How is he put straight into the lineup?

What do management think he brings?

His fight was pathetic. Turtled an killed our momentum.

Out of position often. Not a guy you want - so again, what did they think they were getting here?

Punt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Canucks offense is extremely predictable. Peddle it back to the defense, do the two line pass, knife it in, chase. The defense are too far back to apply zone pressure so there's no disruption of the wingers on the offensive breakout for the opposing team. Repeat.

This is a skill team. Why are we playing such a north/south game with zero deviation? Systems only work when you have multiple systems. Ya need more than one, coach. Why are we not having set plays when the defense has all the time in the world for a controlled breakout? So disconnected. Our players are gonna be gassed by game 10 playing this stupid 1950s hockey. 

Fair points, but I think he’s starting with the basics and trying to get that engrained as a jumping point to build what you describe off of. It’s just a difficult process getting through at times as our coaching staff in the last few years have all been witness to.

• Cheers 1