[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

6 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I know the league doesn’t want to use the commemorative jerseys but that one designed by Gino Odjik’s cousin was stunning! I would love to see that one more often.

IMG_2414.png

I've wanted a couple of those special jerseys but they cost way too much. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Would Tampa notice if Jeannot and Cernak didn’t show up to practice tomorrow and instead Garland and Myers showed up instead?  Would they be upset to the point of filing a grievance?  

Is kidnapping and extortion a violation of the CBA? 

I'd love to add those two. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

It’s probably the only one I would consider spending an obscene amount on.I agree $$$$😕.just one of the best i think!

IMG_2418.png

IMG_2417.png

IMG_2416.png

IMG_2415.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Ha, was just doing the same.

I'm super stoked...my Petey jersey is a skate jersey. My Miller is blue skate in rink and my Brock is orca. 

(My next purchase will be a Miller skate jersey...he wears it well)

Got a blank latest skate jersey, thinking of putting QH on it. 

Have a older 50th anniv Bo skate jersey, but don't think I will be wearing that jersey much. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sargon said:

I know the league doesn’t want to use the commemorative jerseys but that one designed by Gino Odjik’s cousin was stunning! I would love to see that one more often.

IMG_2414.png

20231011_095515.thumb.jpg.52dae813e3627ec68876868ca49d8227.jpg

18 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Pm me. I've got a hookup

• Like 2

Two  worrying traits from the Flyers game were the lack of shooting (3 shots in the second, seriously!) and really not playing hard until the 3rd period. I thought these were things we had left behind last season.

If we give up our game average 16.20 penalty minutes against TBL we will probably lose.

No Vaseline in net so it would be a good time to shake off the Canucks backup curse.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, NHL Tyranny said:

I suspect management wants to try to deal a few players at the deadline for better assets moving forward. Sitting Myers would not help. Just need to limit his ice time on the third line.

At a cost of us making the playoffs? Not worth it. Call it a lose and stop playing him 

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Time to strike while the prey is weak. Tampa is a team divided right now. 

Alvin should have enough time to swing a trade for Cernak with Garland and Podkolzin going the other way while he's in town. 

I would take back every single negative thing I said about Allvin if he pulled that off.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Time to strike while the prey is weak. Tampa is a team divided right now. 

Alvin should have enough time to swing a trade for Cernak with Garland and Podkolzin going the other way while he's in town. 

Good thinking!  Garland's team-mates are already getting a little too use to him being around after asking for a trade. Can't be good for the overall sprit

of the team.

• Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, Sargon said:

IMG_2414.png

These Jerseys were sick, too bad a few people are afraid of colors so we can't do unique jerseys anymore.

35 minutes ago, tas said:

weak. don't support shysters. 

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this.

You can buy Canucks merch in Walmart, SportChek, Canadian Tire, etc. If a fan wants to wear their team's gear to support them and can't afford $300+ for an "authentic" piece of clothing I don't really have a problem with it. When I was a single Mom struggling to make ends meet I got a $60 Cdn Tire jersey for my son and he was thrilled. 

Why should we have to give our $$ to a league/management that doesn't give a rat's ass about us when there are other options?

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1