[GDT] Vancouver @ Tampa Bay, Thursday, October 19th, 4pt/7et, SNP, SN650.

Chickenspear

2 hours ago, Viper007 said:

That’s why they’re trying to get rid of Garland.  

Garland doesn't have a role on the team unfortunately. Soon as Mikheyev comes back, Garland is on the 3rd line. And that's only because they have no where else to put him, and there aren't really enough minutes to go around. For a guy making 4.95 it isn't year isn't a great allocation of resources.

This isn't a shot at Garland by any means because I think everyone, fans and the organization alike, feel he's a pretty darn good player. He just doesn't have a role on this team is all.

If they can address a positional need by trading him, that would certainly be ideal. But that's likely not the primary reason they want to move him. It's all the other stuff.

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this.

You can buy Canucks merch in Walmart, SportChek, Canadian Tire, etc. If a fan wants to wear their team's gear to support them and can't afford $300+ for an "authentic" piece of clothing I don't really have a problem with it. When I was a single Mom struggling to make ends meet I got a $60 Cdn Tire jersey for my son and he was thrilled. 

Why should we have to give our $$ to a league/management that doesn't give a rat's ass about us when there are options?

All of this. I definitely can't afford the special jerseys and these are well made. 

I think the problem with what tas has is that the money doesn't go to the charity. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

All of this. I definitely can't afford the special jerseys and these are well made. 

I think the problem with what tas has is that the money doesn't go to the charity. 

Does it though? I'm not aware of that part.

For special jerseys, sure. But for others....don't know if that's the case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I agree. With all this "hockey is for everyone" talk, nobody should exclude the ones with very limited budgets. 

And it's not like the authentic jerseys are sold with thin margins. Fans are getting milked. With the jerseys, with food and drinks at the rink and so on. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Does it though? I'm not aware of that part.

For special jerseys, sure. But for others....don't know if that's the case.

Yeah, the special jerseys the money goes to charity and that is what I meant. The regular jerseys the profit goes to the organization/NHL/revenue

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Garland doesn't have a role on the team unfortunately. Soon as Mikheyev comes back, Garland is on the 3rd line. And that's only because they have no where else to put him, and there aren't really enough minutes to go around. For a guy making 4.95 it isn't year isn't a great allocation of resources.

This isn't a shot at Garland by any means because I think everyone, fans and the organization alike, feel he's a pretty darn good player. He just doesn't have a role on this team is all.

If they can address a positional need by trading him, that would certainly be ideal. But that's likely not the primary reason they want to move him. It's all the other stuff.

I think Garland could excel in a 3rd line role with Pius Suter, the player they should be shopping is Beauvillier.  Trade him, or send him down for a conditioning stint or waive him.   When Bluegar comes back I'd like to see Lafferty move up to the Petey Kuzy line.  

Kuzy - Petey - Lafferty (until Mikheyev comes back)

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Suter -  Bains

Joshua - Bluegar - Hoglander

There's no reason Beauvillier should be taking up a roster spot on the 3rd line when a guy like Bains is ready and waiting.  

38 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this.

You can buy Canucks merch in Walmart, SportChek, Canadian Tire, etc. If a fan wants to wear their team's gear to support them and can't afford $300+ for an "authentic" piece of clothing I don't really have a problem with it. When I was a single Mom struggling to make ends meet I got a $60 Cdn Tire jersey for my son and he was thrilled. 

Why should we have to give our $$ to a league/management that doesn't give a rat's ass about us when there are other options?

because it's intellectual copyright theft. furthermore, proceeds from the sale of canucks special theme jerseys go to various associated charities; proceeds from knockoffs go to scumbag criminal counterfeiters. 

edit: the stuff at Canadian Tire is authentic, deb, in that the producers pay a licensing fee to use the branding. not the same as counterfeit jerseys from offshore. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Think this game will be a difficult match-up for the Canucks and a good test -  Lightning have lost 3 straight on the road to some pretty good teams and want to reverse trend tonight.  Not as physical as Philly but they do have several lines that can do some serious damage like the Oilers.   Hopefully Canucks can adjust the D plan to protect Demko a bit more as the Bolts have better finishers than the Flyers.   

I think RT just wants to see a better compete level than the last game - will definitely need to bring their A game to get points tonight.  Regardless hoping for a positive result.

Go Nucks!

31 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Yeah, the special jerseys the money goes to charity and that is what I meant. The regular jerseys the profit goes to the organization/NHL/revenue

another good point. you want the cap to go up? don't buy knockoffs. 

a big part of problems in our society is entitlement. I hate capitalism as much as the next guy, but if you can't afford something, why do you feel entitled to that thing? I can't afford a rolls royce ... hell, I resigned myself a long time ago to the fact that I'd never even be able to afford a house. 

such is life. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I think Garland could excel in a 3rd line role with Pius Suter, the player they should be shopping is Beauvillier.  Trade him, or send him down for a conditioning stint or waive him.   When Bluegar comes back I'd like to see Lafferty move up to the Petey Kuzy line.  

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Suter -  Bains

There's no reason Beauvillier should be taking up a roster spot on the 3rd line when a guy like Bains is ready and waiting.  

That's the route I'd go.....hang onto Garland, give him opportunity to play with good players and build his value.  Then as the season moves on, get rid of AB.

22 minutes ago, tas said:

because it's intellectual copyright theft. furthermore, proceeds from the sale of canucks special theme jerseys go to various associated charities; proceeds from knockoffs go to scumbag criminal counterfeiters. 

edit: the stuff at Canadian Tire is authentic, deb, in that the producers pay a licensing fee to use the branding. not the same as counterfeit jerseys from offshore. 

10 minutes ago, tas said:

another good point. you want the cap to go up? don't buy knockoffs. 

a big part of problems in our society is entitlement. I hate capitalism as much as the next guy, but if you can't afford something, why do you feel entitled to that thing? I can't afford a rolls royce ... hell, I resigned myself a long time ago to the fact that I'd never even be able to afford a house. 

such is life. 

All good points. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Garland has been on the 1st line. He hasn't done much with that opportunity

I think he's played pretty well, actually.  Keep him there, let him learn to play with Petey.  He's a great puck retrieval guy and gives Petey another good pass option, as Kuz is looking pretty ineffectual so far.

Better than dumping him and taking on almost $2m in dead cap for the next three years 

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

PDG - Miller - Boeser

Garland - Suter -  Bains

Except Beauvillier is already expiring this year. We're going to need Garland's money if we want to be able to improve the team in a more meaningful way. Petterson and Hronek will already eat up Beauvillier's money.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Except Beauvillier is already expiring this year. We're going to need Garland's money if we want to be able to improve the team in a more meaningful way. Petterson and Hronek will already eat up Beauvillier's money.

But we dont need it this year. This year, lets just win the Cup! 

1 hour ago, Vollmilch90 said:

I agree. With all this "hockey is for everyone" talk, nobody should exclude the ones with very limited budgets. 

And it's not like the authentic jerseys are sold with thin margins. Fans are getting milked. With the jerseys, with food and drinks at the rink and so on. 

IMG_1031.gif

• Haha 1