Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

6 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Well, I guess the Jays don't need to stay up and watch the Rangers - Mariners game now.

bluejays still needs to win 1 more game to clinch.. so they probably are still watching.. in a 4 way tie if mariner wins out, bluejays are eliminated.. there are still a lot of scenario bluejays are eliminated.. in 3 way tie if it's rangers jays mariner they are still eliminated. so unless they take care of business tmw.. they might end up having to use gaussman for the final game of the season which is not ideal for a 3 game series for the wc as he won't be available till game 3 and the series could already be over. 

• Cheers 1

i'm actually not a fan of the current wild card format where the higher seed gets all 3 home game and the lower seed gets 0.. first off the road team gets 0 revenue from gate.. and 2nd because you are in a trash division you get the advantage for being in a trash division lol minnesota wouldn't even be in the playoff based on records alone but they get in by default coz of a bad division and then rewarded with 3 home games on top... 1-1-1 format would suck for travel.. or maybe do the lower seed gets game 1 and then 2/3 for the higher seed

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

i'm actually not a fan of the current wild card format where the higher seed gets all 3 home game and the lower seed gets 0.. first off the road team gets 0 revenue from gate.. and 2nd because you are in a trash division you get the advantage for being in a trash division lol minnesota wouldn't even be in the playoff based on records alone but they get in by default coz of a bad division and then rewarded with 3 home games on top... 1-1-1 format would suck for travel.. or maybe do the lower seed gets game 1 and then 2/3 for the higher seed

I agree something needs to be updated as far as seeding goes, right now if Tampa and Toronto play each other you’ll have the 2nd best and 3rd best teams in the AL playing right off the bat.

Maybe they can make it so if the 1st place wild card team has a better record than the 2nd place division winner, the wild card team takes that spot, pushes the 2nd place team to 3rd place in the division, and the 3rd place division winner into the 1st wild card spot (or where ever their record would have them seeded). That way, the new 2nd place seed gets their bye, and the other division winners still get their home games for the first series.

The fact Schnieder still uses Trevor Richards in close games is kinda crazy. I get that he had a great start to the year but if he brings him into another tight game I’m going to pull out my hair. Schnieder needs to be a more what have you don’t for me lately and over his last 30 games Trevor Richards has an ERA of 6.25 and over his last 15 games has an ERA of 11.12. It just looks like incompetence to roll a guy pitching that bad lately out there in a close game.