Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Cabrera gets 3 games- Jays appeal suspension

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-appealing-three-game-suspension-to-cabrera-following-saturday-fracas/ar-BB1kPT8G

T. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A two-handed shove to the face of a Rays player has landed Blue Jays relief pitcher Genesis Cabrera a three-game suspension.

As well, Cabrera was handed an undisclosed fine for the incident, which caused both benches to clear as the seventh inning concluded in the Rays 5-1 win over the Jays on Saturday.

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Cabrera gets 3 games- Jays appeal suspension

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/mlb/blue-jays-appealing-three-game-suspension-to-cabrera-following-saturday-fracas/ar-BB1kPT8G

T. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A two-handed shove to the face of a Rays player has landed Blue Jays relief pitcher Genesis Cabrera a three-game suspension.

As well, Cabrera was handed an undisclosed fine for the incident, which caused both benches to clear as the seventh inning concluded in the Rays 5-1 win over the Jays on Saturday.

Yowza, I figured the game ejection was plenty.  Guess I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

7 - 1 a safe enough lead for Mitch White?  I guess we'll find out.

Most of the pre-season games were during the day so I couldn't watch it all, but from what I saw, White actually looked pretty good. (He's managed to add a few MPH to hisfast ball, occasionally hitting the high 90's)

He'll likely be the long man out of the 'Pen, until he pitches his way out of the job....

Dodgers come back from a 4-0 deficit to win their game against St Louis 5-4.

I like the pitch clock but I think games are still too long.  This game took 2:41 to play.  Looking at a several random games, the times seem to be around 2:30 give or take 10 or 15 minutes.   I would like to see them get games down to about 2 hours give or take 15 minutes.

One other thing:  I noticed in yesterday's Dodgers' game that went into extra innings that each extra inning starts with a man on second base.  Was that introduced last year or is that new this year?

11 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Dodgers come back from a 4-0 deficit to win their game against St Louis 5-4.

I like the pitch clock but I think games are still too long.  This game took 2:41 to play.  Looking at a several random games, the times seem to be around 2:30 give or take 10 or 15 minutes.   I would like to see them get games down to about 2 hours give or take 15 minutes.

One other thing:  I noticed in yesterday's Dodgers' game that went into extra innings that each extra inning starts with a man on second base.  Was that introduced last year or is that new this year?

I think it was the season before last. Another method of ending games sooner.

• Thanks 1

Houston Astros right-hander Ronel Blanco threw a no-hitter against the Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park on Monday.

Blanco accomplished the feat in just his eighth career start, and 25th major-league appearance. The Astros won 10-0.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Houston Astros right-hander Ronel Blanco threw a no-hitter against the Toronto Blue Jays at Minute Maid Park on Monday.

Blanco accomplished the feat in just his eighth career start, and 25th major-league appearance. The Astros won 10-0.

I feel like this probably won't be the only time the Jays get no-hit this season :classic_unsure:

• Cheers 1

Pretty embarrassing.....5 games in and already been no-hit.....:picard:

I'm not sure what made management think they had put together a winning club, but if that was what we can continue to expect, it's going to be a long season....

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

17 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Nice story about Blanco in The Athletic:

From working at a car wash to throwing a no-hitter, Astros’ Ronel Blanco makes MLB history

https://theathletic.com/5384531/2024/04/01/astros-ronel-blanco-no-hitter/

6 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Pretty embarrassing.....5 games in and already been no-hit.....:picard:

I'm not sure what made management think they had put together a winning club, but if that was what we can continue to expect, it's going to be a long season....

22Gmuo2.gif

• Cheers 1