Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

In a 3 game series the Jays were no-hit and 1 hit. 

They were a 2 out in the 9th Davis Schneider home run away from being shut out 3 straight games. 

Can’t wait for another John Schneider interview where he’s the verbal equivalent of that meme with the cartoon dog happily sitting at the table while the room is on fire. 

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

In a 3 game series the Jays were no-hit and 1 hit. 

They were a 2 out in the 9th Davis Schneider home run away from being shut out 3 straight games. 

Can’t wait for another John Schneider interview where he’s the verbal equivalent of that meme with the cartoon dog happily sitting at the table while the room is on fire. 

We could all see this coming.  The front office has to go.  They have had their chance.

• Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

The front office just makes me shake my head. I love how the team leads the league in fat guys. 

But really it’s ownership. I still can’t believe they let Anthopolis walk. Just look at the powerhouse he’s built in Atlanta. They were able to let Freddie Freeman walk in free agency and just go out and get Matt Olson and haven’t missed a beat. Meanwhile the Jays add guys like Vogelbach. 

I actually miss Charlie Montoya. It’s gonna be a very long year. 

I stand by my argument that missing the playoffs would have been better, and might have resulted with these morons being replaced with competent management.    I wouldn't hire Shatkins to run a lemonade stand.

• ThereItIs 2

At some point the Jays are going to have to decide if it makes sense to resign Vladdy. He's going to want superstar money, but he only looked like a superstar for one year.

Last night he came up with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 out. First thing I said to myself is that he's going to swing at the first pitch and try and hit it to Dallas....check. Wild swing at a ball six inches off the dirt.

He actually gave me a bit of hope after that, as he was actually battling.....of course it was for naught, as he struck out on a changeup.

I realize that management has done a terrible job of protecting him, but Vladdy striking out (or grounding out) in big situations is a movie we've seen far too often from a "superstar".

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

At some point the Jays are going to have to decide if it makes sense to resign Vladdy. He's going to want superstar money, but he only looked like a superstar for one year.

Dodgers might want to sign a backup first baseman.   :classic_happy:

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Why? Was that stadium in Puerto Rico not available?

I'd say bring them to Vancouver, but the stadium wouldn't work due to the scoreboard.

Or maybe Montreal, in both cases it could be considered a trial run for either a relocation franchise, or an expansion.

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Last night he came up with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 out. First thing I said to myself is that he's going to swing at the first pitch and try and hit it to Dallas....check. Wild swing at a ball six inches off the dirt.

He actually gave me a bit of hope after that, as he was actually battling.....of course it was for naught, as he struck out on a changeup.

I realize that management has done a terrible job of protecting him, but Vladdy striking out (or grounding out) in big situations is a movie we've seen far too often from a "superstar".

The nail in the coffin was not having a legit backup plan after Ohtani and Soto.