Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

The Salami by Varsho is encouraging....the goose egg the rest of the way....not so much.

What I really liked was how Mayza looked. That was the guy we're used to seeing.

....and Garcia looks fantastic. If he keeps painting the black with 98 Mph, Romano can be a setup man when he gets back....

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

turner gets caught trying to steal second bae on a close play.

He was the final out, after the Jays had scored a run on the previous play.

I'm ok with the attempt, he was close, and it will force the opponents to have more on their mind.

• Cheers 1

Berrios didn't have his usual control today, but he made the pitches when he needed them....managed to get out of a couple of jams and ended up with the shutout win...

The most encouraging thing was the fact that four of the five runs came with 2 out....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, runningback33 said:

Every team in the AL East won Today but not the Yankees(though they have a sizeable lead) 

I think we all knew the division was going to be even tougher this season....

The O's are the defending dision winners, the Yankees and Bosox improved and the Rays are the Rays....

At this point of the season, I don't think you worry too much about what the other teams are doing. Just get your own house in order.

• Upvote 1

Bottom of 2nd IKF at the plate and the ump calls a pitch, 2-3 inches outside, a strike

next pitch IKF looks like he might have taken  a swing, first base ump says he checked his swing.

They never showed a replay of the 'almost' swing.

I'm wondering if the first base ump, gave IKF back the strike, the home plate took from him.?

Okay, I haven't made too much of Schneider's managing mistakes, but WTF?

Swanson hasn't pitched in an MLB regular season game this year, so you decide to have him close a 2 run game against the Yankees? :picard:

• Upvote 1

So....on the same day the Jays were blowing a 9th inning lead to the Yankees, the guy they're hoping will develop into their power hitting 3rd baseman went yard in a game against the Columbus Clippers.

I don't have a video of it, (you might be able to find it if you go look) but according to the report I read, it went about 470 ft.

image.thumb.jpeg.5066b858809fd20024ba275d7a4850d6.jpeg

This is Huntington Park in Columbus. The Ball hit by Orelvis Martinez ended up in one of those boxes on the 2nd floor of that brick building behind the stadium. IIRC, it was the second one from the left....

• Like 1

20 games into the season:

East W-L PCT GB STRK
TeamImage
Yankees
14-6 .700 0.0 W2
TeamImage
Orioles
12-7 .632 1.5 L1
TeamImage
Blue Jays
11-9 .550 3.0 W1