Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

Jays are now 'just' 13 games behind the Yankees, and 11.5 behind Baltimore.

Now tied with Tampa- which for years, and years would be considered a good thing. 

39.5% of the season complete

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

Jays are now 'just' 13 games behind the Yankees, and 11.5 behind Baltimore.

Now tied with Tampa- which for years, and years would be considered a good thing. 

39.5% of the season complete

Need to win today as the schedule is tough the next couple series…Milwaukee Series Tomorrow and Guardians Series next weekend..

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

You know, despite being under .500, with a shitty offence and a mediocre bullpen. They’re still only 2 games back out of the playoffs. 

Wild card is wild.

The other division must suck!

40 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Don't know much about Braydon Fisher, but with Romano injured, it doesn't hurt to have another bullpen arm. Biggio could have gone to waivers, so good on management for getting something for him....

His numbers are pretty ugly this year but he's only thrown limited innings. He had a solid year last year though. Looks like he could maybe be a lottery ticket for bullpen depth down the road. If we weren't trading a player with the last name Biggio and who'd come up through the minors with Vlad and Bo, I don't think anybody would care much about this move.

7 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

His numbers are pretty ugly this year but he's only thrown limited innings. He had a solid year last year though. Looks like he could maybe be a lottery ticket for bullpen depth down the road. If we weren't trading a player with the last name Biggio and who'd come up through the minors with Vlad and Bo, I don't think anybody would care much about this move.

It was pretty obvious that CB's skillset had become redundant with the likes of IKF, Schneider and now Horowitz all needing somewhere to play. I had already resigned myself to seeing him placed on waivers, so I see it as a positive that they were able to get a player in return....even if he turns out to be a bust.

Edited by RupertKBD