Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

how much money does TO have to spend?

When they're owned by a multi billion dollar company, money is not an issue. And Atkins has flat out said they have full support from ownership to do whatever is needed. 

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

When they're owned by a multi billion dollar company, money is not an issue. And Atkins has flat out said they have full support from ownership to do whatever is needed. 

crazy. Well, I hope this isn't all a big tease. This team needs something special. 

4 hours ago, Colonel D said:

It is a lot for just one year of control for Soto

Yeah, any other agent you could at least say you have a year to work on an extension, but Soto is a Boras client, so you know he's going to free agency to cash in.

13 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Kikuchi is their recruiter.   Someone said Yamamoto wants to go to a team that already has a Japanese player.  

Kikuchi went to school with Ohtani. However kikuchi was a few years older and was Ohtani’s hero growing up. 

This could be a huge deciding factor with Shohei and if it factors in, this was a huge example of playing chess while others are playing checkers. 

3 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Kikuchi went to school with Ohtani. However kikuchi was a few years older and was Ohtani’s hero growing up. 

This could be a huge deciding factor with Shohei and if it factors in, this was a huge example of playing chess while others are playing checkers. 

• Like 1

The top of that Yankee lineup is going to be tough to pitch to....

Lemahieu, Soto and Judge.....:classic_blink: Then you have Stanton, Rizzo, Torres and Verdugo.....

Hopefully the pitching sucks, because that lineup is going to score some runs....especially if Rizzo regains his form....

Edited by RupertKBD

25 minutes ago, Pears said:

I don’t know, but on the mlb network last night 1 analyst said he thinks it’s 60% chance Ohtani signs with Jays, another said that’s abit high but he’d say it’s no lower than 50-55%. 
I hope he does. 

46 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I think that could be true in the front end, but they’re saying that even if the Jays got him at 6-700 million over 10+ years… with Rogers owning the team and the broadcasting rights, they’d stand to Profit 1 Billion in that timeframe on Shotime himself, because major networks in the USA would have to pay to broadcast him and Japan networks would pay to be able to broadcast his games as well. 

So I think even if Rogers forfeits NHL broadcasting rights up front, they’d be in a good position to buy them back in the future. 

7 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

The top of that Yankee lineup is going to be tough to pitch to....

Lemahieu, Soto and Judge.....:classic_blink: Then you have Stanton, Rizzo, Torres and Verdugo.....

Hopefully the pitching sucks, because that lineup is going to score some runs....especially if Rizzo regains his form....

Well it’s over before it began when Cole starts.