Blue Jays / MLB Talk

Bounce000

33 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

700mil lol i doubt toronto would have matched that.. looks like dodger up the ante just to secure him

Yeah, 700 million USD is almost $1 billion CAD.

His agent used Jays to negotiate a higher price with LA.   

Good for him. Making $200K a day plus endorsements.  Who will say no to that? 

2 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Since I don't follow baseball that closely, what do the Blue Jays do with the $600 million they were supposedly going to spend on Ohtani?

They won't be spending it.  Rogers considered it an investment they could profit from due to his popularity in Japan.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Since I don't follow baseball that closely, what do the Blue Jays do with the $600 million they were supposedly going to spend on Ohtani?

Give all their customers outstanding deals for their loyalty

….LOL……

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

They are bleeding cash from the NHL deal so maybe nothing.  There's tons of decent talent but they won't spend most of it.  Cody Bellinger is still out there.  They might also want to re-sign Chapman.

2 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

I doubt they were salivating over his imaginary plane. He's already in LA and use to it.

He got offered an extra $100M on top of remaining completely settled where he is.  Who would say no to that...

1 minute ago, UnkNuk said:

Also, how do you think Jays fans will react when Ohtani and the Dodgers come to Toronto next season?

pure sadness (Angels too)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

They are bleeding cash from the NHL deal so maybe nothing.  There's tons of decent talent but they won't spend most of it.  Cody Bellinger is still out there.  They might also want to re-sign Chapman.

He got offered an extra $100M on top of remaining completely settled where he is.  Who would say no to that...

pure sadness (Angels too)

The free agent class is heavily tilted towards pitchers. They'd have to over pay to get Bellinger. 36 year old JD Martinez is out there as is 39 year old Justin Turner. Oddly enough Lourdes Gurriel Jr and Teoscar Hernandez are also free agents. Though they'd probably tell the Jays to piss off.

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

The free agent class is heavily tilted towards pitchers. They'd have to over pay to get Bellinger. 36 year old JD Martinez is out there as is 39 year old Justin Turner. Oddly enough Lourdes Gurriel Jr and Teoscar Hernandez are also free agents. Though they'd probably tell the Jays to piss off.

Might be able to bring them back if you fire Shatkins though, which needs to be done before these idiots waste Vladdy and Bo.